Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Online courses in Hypo/Bio Application


Mx19

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Now i've suddenly got a free 10 days in isolation I was wondering if anyone knows of any online courses for softwashing/biocide application? Figure I should do something useful with my time!

Thanks

Link to post

I dont know if there is but if if there is any i would also love to know, i am going on a softwashing training course next month in Birmgingham , looking forward to it 🙂

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Pjj said:

I think you need pa 1 and pa6 for spraying I did it years ago but never bothered doing the refresher course think it cost around £300 for both 

Im doing this next week , is it easy to pass ? lol

Link to post
7 minutes ago, harunh said:

Im doing this next week , is it easy to pass ? lol

Yes I did a classroom course and then a practical session and then written exam easy peasy 

Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Yes I did a classroom course and then a practical session and then written exam easy peasy 

Im going straight in for the test  which is online, where can i study for the exam ? 

Link to post
21 minutes ago, harunh said:

Im going straight in for the test  which is online, where can i study for the exam ? 

You cannot just do the exam you will have to do the course work first 

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Pjj said:

You cannot just do the exam you will have to do the course work first 

Where do i get the coursework from? Google lol

Edited by harunh
Link to post
Just now, harunh said:

Where do i get the coursework from

The company you are doing the exam with should provide all the course work , , you cannot take and pass an exam without doing the coursework as that’s what the exam is based on 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Pjj said:

The company you are doing the exam with should provide all the course work , , you cannot take and pass an exam without doing the coursework as that’s what the exam is based on 

Thanks mate,  ive got a lot of classroom work in February :O :D 

Link to post
  • 2 months later...

Well, We've been hit at work again, looks like another period of isolation for me 🤦‍♂️ so bumping this up incase anyone  has any other suggestions for courses, not necessarily Bio/hypo, just want to make better use of my time this time haha!

Link to post
On 24/01/2021 at 15:10, Mx19 said:

Hi all,

Now i've suddenly got a free 10 days in isolation I was wondering if anyone knows of any online courses for softwashing/biocide application? Figure I should do something useful with my time!

Thanks

You'd learn more for free watching YouTube videos in my opinion.

 

Online does not present a real feel for application, dwel times and various surface substrates 

Link to post
30 minutes ago, Mx19 said:

Well, We've been hit at work again, looks like another period of isolation for me 🤦‍♂️ so bumping this up incase anyone  has any other suggestions for courses, not necessarily Bio/hypo, just want to make better use of my time this time haha!

Are they not testing you and if you pass you can carry on working ??? That’s what we are doing so only ones that test positive isolate 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Are they not testing you and if you pass you can carry on working ??? That’s what we are doing so only ones that test positive isolate 

Nope unfortunately not. Government rules are that even if you were to test negative you have to isolate for 10 days following contact with someone that tests positive, as you could incubate and not show positive until day 9 or 10...

Last time we had a period of it one of the watch tested positive then on days 6 and 9 two more tested positive meaning they had to isolate for a further 10 days from the date they developed symptoms. All 3 of them ended up being off for around a month in the end due to persistent symptoms.  Not sure how many this case has taken out but last time the guy that was positive took out our whole watch minus 4 i think, so at least 8 people, plus the majority of the watch at the station he was sent to standby at!

Link to post
17 minutes ago, Mx19 said:

Nope unfortunately not. Government rules are that even if you were to test negative you have to isolate for 10 days following contact with someone that tests positive, as you could incubate and not show positive until day 9 or 10...

Last time we had a period of it one of the watch tested positive then on days 6 and 9 two more tested positive meaning they had to isolate for a further 10 days from the date they developed symptoms. All 3 of them ended up being off for around a month in the end due to persistent symptoms.  Not sure how many this case has taken out but last time the guy that was positive took out our whole watch minus 4 i think, so at least 8 people, plus the majority of the watch at the station he was sent to standby at!

Ok down hear ambulance and fire staff have continued to work provided they produce a negative test , on my daughters station the majority have had it but none have been isolating unless they test positive , fire staff are still manning ambulances if we didn’t there would be very few still on the road or a couple of months ago that would have been the case she was saying earlier they haven’t been to any covid jobs for about a month . We are still manning ambulances until the end of May  then hopefully things will return to normal . 

Edited by Pjj
Link to post
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Ok down hear ambulance and fire staff have continued to work provided they produce a negative test , on my daughters station the majority have had it but none have been isolating unless they test positive , fire staff are still manning ambulances if we didn’t there would be very few still on the road or a couple of months ago that would have been the case she was saying earlier they haven’t been to any covid jobs for about a month . We are still manning ambulances until the end of May  then hopefully things will return to normal . 

Hmm maybe you’ve got an exemption or something then 🤷🏻‍♂️ I guess it comes down to the service and what they’ve agreed, way above my pay grade haha, someone in a white shirt and lots of symbols on their epaulettes tells me I have to stay home that’s what I’m doing 😂😂😂😂

My mrs also hasn’t had any Covid jobs for a while until her last tour where she had 4 in one of her day shifts... We’ve been a lot better at work with watches isolating for the last few months as well, until now 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂

Edited by Mx19
Link to post
1 hour ago, Mx19 said:

Hmm maybe you’ve got an exemption or something then 🤷🏻‍♂️ I guess it comes down to the service and what they’ve agreed, way above my pay grade haha, someone in a white shirt and lots of symbols on their epaulettes tells me I have to stay home that’s what I’m doing 😂😂😂😂

My mrs also hasn’t had any Covid jobs for a while until her last tour where she had 4 in one of her day shifts... We’ve been a lot better at work with watches isolating for the last few months as well, until now 🤦🏻‍♂️😂😂

We don’t have any other brigades to the southwest that can come onto our area to help out it’s just sea 😂😂😂 I just assumed what we were doing was the same over the country?. Obviously not , we have been very lucky with the amount of our guys that have been sick we haven’t had any on our station but some others have had several . 

Link to post

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept