Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Using Gardiner Brushes with Phantom Poles


Recommended Posts

I bought myself a couple of phantom poles on Black Friday. Haven't got round to setting them up just yet but I wanted a bit of advice...

I've already discovered I can just add my Gardiner connections onto the top (The opposite side to the wheel thing) So thats sorted. I'm really gonna miss my super scraper though. I'm wondering if I buy this;

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-pole-accessories/products/facelift-phantom-precision-angle-neck

And simply remove the small lip on the super scraper, will it fit to a phantom pole? Anyone done this and had any luck. I appreciate it won't be as rigid as it is on a Gardiner pole. Seems to get rid of that awful Euro thread too. As always any advice greatly appreciated.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

I bought myself a couple of phantom poles on Black Friday. Haven't got round to setting them up just yet but I wanted a bit of advice...

I've already discovered I can just add my Gardiner connections onto the top (The opposite side to the wheel thing) So thats sorted. I'm really gonna miss my super scraper though. I'm wondering if I buy this;

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-pole-accessories/products/facelift-phantom-precision-angle-neck

And simply remove the small lip on the super scraper, will it fit to a phantom pole? Anyone done this and had any luck. I appreciate it won't be as rigid as it is on a Gardiner pole. Seems to get rid of that awful Euro thread too. As always any advice greatly appreciated.

Traitor buying stuff like that Gardiners will blacklist you 😂😂😂 

Link to post
1 minute ago, Pjj said:

Traitor buying stuff like that Gardiners will blacklist you 😂😂😂 

Not if you don't tell Alex 😂 To be fair I've always wanted to try those clamps and with 24% off they were a bargain. I ordered an 18 and a 30, the 18 was out of stock and I opted to wait for it to come back in. The other option was to accept a phoenix 18 with phantom clamps. I waited and they came back in stock but never dispatched my order. I got in touch, absolutely fuming of course, fair play to them they upgraded me to the 22 for the mistake. I had some order issues in the past with them, I know a few others were vocal on here too but fair play the last few orders have been spot on too.

Link to post
1 hour ago, P4dstar said:

I bought myself a couple of phantom poles on Black Friday. Haven't got round to setting them up just yet but I wanted a bit of advice...

I've already discovered I can just add my Gardiner connections onto the top (The opposite side to the wheel thing) So thats sorted. I'm really gonna miss my super scraper though. I'm wondering if I buy this;

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-pole-accessories/products/facelift-phantom-precision-angle-neck

And simply remove the small lip on the super scraper, will it fit to a phantom pole? Anyone done this and had any luck. I appreciate it won't be as rigid as it is on a Gardiner pole. Seems to get rid of that awful Euro thread too. As always any advice greatly appreciated.

I would've thought it would flop around and spin as soon as you try and use it. The only option would be to super glue it on the gooseneck.

Let's us know your thoughts, weight and rigidity, about the poles. Day off tomorrow as I have to wait in for my Gardiner Pole to be delivered 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I would've thought it would flop around and spin as soon as you try and use it. The only option would be to super glue it on the gooseneck.

A bit of Gorilla glue might work wonders there. The clamps are perfectly round at the top so there is nowhere for it to slot into place.

3 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Let's us know your thoughts, weight and rigidity, about the poles. Day off tomorrow as I have to wait in for my Gardiner Pole to be delivered 

Will do mate. It won't be in use until the new van is up and running. They're currently still packed away nicely in the tubes they delivered them in. From what I've seen the euro thread is actually really difficult to remove to replace with that one I linked to as well.

Link to post
8 hours ago, CHWS said:

I’ve a phantom pole and use a super scraper . Don’t see the problem. I never remember doctoring it anyway 

Thanks mate. I'm gonna have a look later, see what I can come up with.

Link to post

We use this part on phantom poles with a zero section. The euro thread goes in the bin. Attach a gardener plastic neck extension to the other side.

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-phantom/products/facelift-phantom-precision-brush-socket?variant=30286722564165

With the larger poles 30ft plus any gardener gooseneck will go straight in as they start with a number one section. We have found the phantom poles to be excellent and you can change the red inserts when they start to wear-out.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
On 29/01/2021 at 21:55, Johnboi said:

We use this part on phantom poles with a zero section. The euro thread goes in the bin. Attach a gardener plastic neck extension to the other side.

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-phantom/products/facelift-phantom-precision-brush-socket?variant=30286722564165

With the larger poles 30ft plus any gardener gooseneck will go straight in as they start with a number one section. We have found the phantom poles to be excellent and you can change the red inserts when they start to wear-out.

 

Spot on, thanks man. I’ve had a little look, seems like it might be better to get the longer one for my phantom 30 as they have those grooves they slide down. They’re on my next order though.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

Just an update on this, I got the super scraper and crushed the little lip in the vice, it slides nicely onto the pole. I've got one set up with a Gardiner connection on top of the wheel and the other with the adapter on the euro thread. Replacing the section above the wheel works substantially better than the adapter.

On 24/01/2021 at 20:50, Part Timer said:

Let's us know your thoughts, weight and rigidity, about the poles

They're alright. My 22 foot Gardiner is an extreme so the old like for like comparison I have is the 30, it does feel more cumbersome and tiring to use than my SLX30. The clamps are cool. The plastic feels cheaper than the Gardiner ones. I wouldn't pay more for these poles by choice but at the Black Friday prices I paid they're a bargain.

Link to post

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept