Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Using Gardiner Brushes with Phantom Poles

P4dstar

Premium Member
I bought myself a couple of phantom poles on Black Friday. Haven't got round to setting them up just yet but I wanted a bit of advice...

I've already discovered I can just add my Gardiner connections onto the top (The opposite side to the wheel thing) So thats sorted. I'm really gonna miss my super scraper though. I'm wondering if I buy this;

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-pole-accessories/products/facelift-phantom-precision-angle-neck

And simply remove the small lip on the super scraper, will it fit to a phantom pole? Anyone done this and had any luck. I appreciate it won't be as rigid as it is on a Gardiner pole. Seems to get rid of that awful Euro thread too. As always any advice greatly appreciated.

I bought myself a couple of phantom poles on Black Friday. Haven't got round to setting them up just yet but I wanted a bit of advice...

I've already discovered I can just add my Gardiner connections onto the top (The opposite side to the wheel thing) So thats sorted. I'm really gonna miss my super scraper though. I'm wondering if I buy this;

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-pole-accessories/products/facelift-phantom-precision-angle-neck

And simply remove the small lip on the super scraper, will it fit to a phantom pole? Anyone done this and had any luck. I appreciate it won't be as rigid as it is on a Gardiner pole. Seems to get rid of that awful Euro thread too. As always any advice greatly appreciated.
Traitor buying stuff like that Gardiners will blacklist you ??? 

Traitor buying stuff like that Gardiners will blacklist you ??? 
Not if you don't tell Alex ? To be fair I've always wanted to try those clamps and with 24% off they were a bargain. I ordered an 18 and a 30, the 18 was out of stock and I opted to wait for it to come back in. The other option was to accept a phoenix 18 with phantom clamps. I waited and they came back in stock but never dispatched my order. I got in touch, absolutely fuming of course, fair play to them they upgraded me to the 22 for the mistake. I had some order issues in the past with them, I know a few others were vocal on here too but fair play the last few orders have been spot on too.

I would've thought it would flop around and spin as soon as you try and use it. The only option would be to super glue it on the gooseneck.

Let's us know your thoughts, weight and rigidity, about the poles. Day off tomorrow as I have to wait in for my Gardiner Pole to be delivered 

I would've thought it would flop around and spin as soon as you try and use it. The only option would be to super glue it on the gooseneck.
A bit of Gorilla glue might work wonders there. The clamps are perfectly round at the top so there is nowhere for it to slot into place.

Let's us know your thoughts, weight and rigidity, about the poles. Day off tomorrow as I have to wait in for my Gardiner Pole to be delivered 
Will do mate. It won't be in use until the new van is up and running. They're currently still packed away nicely in the tubes they delivered them in. From what I've seen the euro thread is actually really difficult to remove to replace with that one I linked to as well.

I’ve a phantom pole and use a super scraper . Don’t see the problem. I never remember doctoring it anyway 

We use this part on phantom poles with a zero section. The euro thread goes in the bin. Attach a gardener plastic neck extension to the other side.

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-phantom/products/facelift-phantom-precision-brush-socket?variant=30286722564165

With the larger poles 30ft plus any gardener gooseneck will go straight in as they start with a number one section. We have found the phantom poles to be excellent and you can change the red inserts when they start to wear-out.

We use this part on phantom poles with a zero section. The euro thread goes in the bin. Attach a gardener plastic neck extension to the other side.

https://windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/collections/facelift-phantom/products/facelift-phantom-precision-brush-socket?variant=30286722564165

With the larger poles 30ft plus any gardener gooseneck will go straight in as they start with a number one section. We have found the phantom poles to be excellent and you can change the red inserts when they start to wear-out.
Spot on, thanks man. I’ve had a little look, seems like it might be better to get the longer one for my phantom 30 as they have those grooves they slide down. They’re on my next order though.

Just an update on this, I got the super scraper and crushed the little lip in the vice, it slides nicely onto the pole. I've got one set up with a Gardiner connection on top of the wheel and the other with the adapter on the euro thread. Replacing the section above the wheel works substantially better than the adapter.

Let's us know your thoughts, weight and rigidity, about the poles
They're alright. My 22 foot Gardiner is an extreme so the old like for like comparison I have is the 30, it does feel more cumbersome and tiring to use than my SLX30. The clamps are cool. The plastic feels cheaper than the Gardiner ones. I wouldn't pay more for these poles by choice but at the Black Friday prices I paid they're a bargain.

Latest Posts

Back