Just got started.

Ian Docksey

So I've just got started, done a couple of jobs ,that were already booked  family n friends.  Went out today also to quote 4 jobs, got 2 straight away   another was a messer really as it turned out they already had a windy. The last I'm waiting to hear from. We all gotta start somewhere!!!

8 hours ago, Ian Docksey said:

So I've just got started, done a couple of jobs ,that were already booked  family n friends.  Went out today also to quote 4 jobs, got 2 straight away   another was a messer really as it turned out they already had a windy. The last I'm waiting to hear from. We all gotta start somewhere!!!

That's a good start. 

• Like 1
On 25/01/2021 at 17:28, Ian Docksey said:

Good start mate keep it up 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

WOW Got asked today to quote for a job. 56 flats n 4 town houses.  On a quarterly clean. 

Don't start planning your retirement just yet 🤣

• Agree 1
6 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Don't start planning your retirement just yet 🤣

I'm not ,far from it mate. Just gobsmacked atm. 

6 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

I'm not ,far from it mate. Just gobsmacked atm. 

As a newbie it might appear fairly daunting. My 2 bits of advice are, firstly, it won't take anywhere near as long as you think and secondly it will be far more tiring then you think.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Iron Giant said:

Always is the older you are 😘

Probably more so for you then me, I'm used to being on site for 4 hours doing 4 floor work. You on the other hand would crucify me on the door to door stuff. As a newbie though he'll need a very hot bath when he's finished that, and probably for the next 2 days after. I know @Mark75 did 24 flats as a relative newbie and knew he'd done a days work 🤣

1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

Probably more so for you then me, I'm used to being on site for 4 hours doing 4 floor work. You on the other hand would crucify me on the door to door stuff. As a newbie though he'll need a very hot bath when he's finished that, and probably for the next 2 days after. I know @Mark75 did 24 flats as a relative newbie and knew he'd done a days work 🤣

When you want to do a proppa days work you know where I am 😂

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

When you want to do a proppa days work you know where I am 😂

I've got 7of these to do with 2 moves of the van one morning in February, will give you a shout 👍

Screenshot_20210127-191043_Maps.jpg

Edited by Part Timer
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

Always is the older you are 😘

There's people on here that have been going years and never had an enquiry that size. Tenner a flat is a good 2 days wages for a days work. How big is your water tank 😂

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Mate for sure , I knew I had done a days work alright , I last felt like that when I was at Travis Perkins working in the Yard in my early 20's . Ian i agree with Part Timer you will know you done a Days for Sure but it will be worth It , Well Done on getting a big job like that so early on in Your New Career as a Windy 

40 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

There's people on here that have been going years and never had an enquiry that size. Tenner a flat is a good 2 days wages for a days work. How big is your water tank 😂

I totally understand that, that's why I'm gobsmacked mate. When I got the phone call, I was like wtf.  But I'll put a quote in n see how it goes.

Just now, Ian Docksey said:

I totally understand that, that's why I'm gobsmacked mate. When I got the phone call, I was like wtf.  But I'll put a quote in n see how it goes.

Oh. Water tank not big enough, only 350ltr , but spotless water is only 2 mins away.

51 minutes ago, Ian Docksey said:

I gotta get it first. Will put quote in tomorrow.  Let's see!!

Ian Ask the  guys on Here about Pricing , I know everyone has there own pricing but it will give you a idea . The guys on here they will help as much as They can . You Don't want to over Price a big Job Like this and Lose out as it will be a Decent Earner .

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
4 minutes ago, Mark75 said:

Ian Ask the  guys on Here about Pricing , I know everyone has there own pricing but it will give you a idea . The guys on here they will help as much as They can . You Don't want to over Price a big Job Like this and Lose out as it will be a Decent Earner .

Cheers for the advice . I will ask a couple that have been giving me advice