Frozen pressure washer

tench0771

Hi just wandering my pressure washer is in shed with this cold wether alltho its not froze yet but if it does will it bugger up the pump ir anything 

34 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

Hi just wandering my pressure washer is in shed with this cold wether alltho its not froze yet but if it does will it bugger up the pump ir anything 

Just drain the pump of water and leave the valve open wrap some insulation around the pump if you can .

13 hours ago, Pjj said:

Just drain the pump of water and leave the valve open wrap some insulation around the pump if you can .

What would happen if it did freeze would pump need replacing ?

scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, tench0771 said:

What would happen if it did freeze would pump need replacing ?

It expands and shears all the bolts holding the pump together. You may be lucky and just need to replace the bolts. Before putting it away for winter then run it till no water is left in it. 😉

Yes it can cause damage to the pump. Drain the pump like others have said.

Always take the time to maintenance and protect your equipment, it's your lively hood.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

Thanks for the help every one just one more question is this ok to grease my fsc or do i need something different 

20210127_143135.jpg

Yes it’s ok but if re greasing the head that needs doing with a grease gun and basically any grease should be ok 

6 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

Thanks for the help every one just one more question is this ok to grease my fsc or do i need something different 

20210127_143135.jpg

Normally they have grease nipples on so you need a grease gun and a tub of grease. Something like this: Tub of grease and gun