Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help - Best Gutter Clearing Tools For Wet/Wintery Weather

MarkProKlenz

Hey guys, would really appreciate your advice please... With the current wet and wintery weather how are you currently clearing gutters? 

I have an Atom gutter vac - but are ladders, poles/hand tools etc the best way at the mo? 

If so what are your recommendations on what and where to purchase? 

Thanks in advance ??

Pro Gutter Tools, search on the internet, and a Harris Pole, any traditional tool stockists, are the best tools if you're getting up close and personal.
Thanks @Part Timer much appreciated! With regards to the Harris Pole, do you have a 'go to' or fave that you like to use? Thinking about weight/length etc. 

I'm assuming even with the pole and pro gutter tools - its working from the ladder? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Part Timer much appreciated! With regards to the Harris Pole, do you have a 'go to' or fave that you like to use? Thinking about weight/length etc. 

I'm assuming even with the pole and pro gutter tools - its working from the ladder? 
No as I actually use a converted WFP, Gardiners have a Quick Loq adapter on their site. I was doing this 5 years ago. If this isn't an option then I'd say get something 4m's long if they sell them that long. I'd also get a stand off and ladder limb to hang your bucket off. Makes it more stable ant therefore safer.

Yes up ladders, sometimes you need to disassemble a very badly blocked downpipe as well so ladders, for me, are a must have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I vac 90 percent of my jobs some times have to get ladder off for the odd hopper thats blocked i have converted a old hover pipe to fit in the end of the neck very rare i need ladders 

If laddering ill use pro gutter tools and hand ball it out

Cheers @tench0771 In theory I'm not fussed with working in the wet weather, but of course the average 'electric' gutter vac might not be so keen! Lol 

Any recommendations on poles with the pro tools? Or do you not use them?? 

Back