Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Speaking to another local window cleaner

Spoke to another window cleaner today he recons he a takes 2700 a week all in cash 

only runs a few vans

hardleys no out goings 

he’s winning 

where am I going wrong ? 
Don’t believe everything ones tell you , but yes it is more than possible that he is , but trust me expenses arnt cheap .

I spoke to another windy a while back, he told me that between him another van he had so one man in each van they were doing 2,000 jobs a month, he said can you imagine getting through that much work, I really couldn't see him getting through a decent days graft once a week let alone 250 jobs a week. 

Seem like other windys are the worst for been full of ?

There are a good couple like that near me.

One perticular guy near me loves to tell every one how well his doing, how much work his got, how his the most expensive in town etc.

He was telling me last year how many he now has working for him.I asked him how he got on with the vat being mainly domestic and why he still uses spotless?He just looked blank.He was like "I'm not turning over that amount yet".

I've never known bull$%%$%$ like it.

Local trad chap  who has two chaps working with him told me he was doing £10k a week but was bored with it and was in negotiations to sell it all for over £100k. 
Then he drives of in a 2002 Peugeot 306 estate with different colour drivers door and the exhaust hanging off. 
Yes course you are ?

Local trad chap  who has two chaps working with him told me he was doing £10k a week but was bored with it and was in negotiations to sell it all for over £100k. 
Then he drives of in a 2002 Peugeot 306 estate with different colour drivers door and the exhaust hanging off. 
Yes course you are ?
I agree with what you are saying but some people are very wealthy but choose to drive old bangers my father-in-law is a case in point ?????

That’s not a great amount for two plus vans if we’re being honest.

Consider costs and vat for starters and it’s not a lot left over from 10-12k in a month.

perhaps he does but there’s more to it than just how much revenue you make. Once you start hitting like 3-400 plus clients the admin takes a lot of effort especially if you’re not all over it with good systems and management.

there is a reason there is so few very large window cleaning companies. Pryors is big but service is generally known to be extremely questionable.

regardless of what people say. Just do your thing and keep progressing day by day. Everyone is always fronting how great everything. Most of the time it’s a load of bull and they rarely talk of their mistakes and errors. See if all the time. 

Yes course you are ?
?????

think he needs a nappy on this mouth mate 

told me he was doing £10k a week but was bored with it and was in negotiations to sell it all for over £100k.
Why on earth would you even contemplate selling a business for just 10 weeks turnover. OK so I know it's profit not turnover that counts but if a windy business was turning over that much then I am sure it would be worth more than just over 2x monthly turnover!!!

Why is it that people are just interested in telling people how great they are???? I blame social media - it's all me, me, me......

I agree with what you are saying but some people are very wealthy but choose to drive old bangers my father-in-law is a case in point ?????
Yeah this is very true.  The ones who don't flash it can be very wealthy, I've known a few like that.  Happier to wear a 20 year old coat and drive the cheapest cars they can find.  Strange really when you think about it.  Guess they just don't want to buy into all this keeping up with the jones'.

Spoke to another window cleaner today he recons he a takes 2700 a week all in cash 

only runs a few vans

hardleys no out goings 

he’s winning 

where am I going wrong ? 
Don't waste your energy thinking about what somebody says they are doing, concentrate instead on your own business and how to get the best out of that, you may be a better window cleaner than he is anyway.

Yeah this is very true.  The ones who don't flash it can be very wealthy, I've known a few like that.  Happier to wear a 20 year old coat and drive the cheapest cars they can find.  Strange really when you think about it.  Guess they just don't want to buy into all this keeping up with the jones'.
I drive a 15 year old car just because I want to and I like it. Had it 11 years. I live a modest lifestyle coz it suits me. People probably think I ain’t got 2 pennies to rub together. Don’t be fooled lol 

Lol you know my father-in-law very well ??

Yeah but realistically if the guy mentioned above was turning over 10k a week he would have a reliable vehicle surely ?

only runs a few vans

hardleys no out goings 

he’s winning 

where am I going wrong ? 
Don't listen to them mate, take the high estimations of earnings given, take the low ones and work somewhere in the middle. I've discovered that people either like to willy wave or plead poverty. The willy wavers make you feel a little inadequate until you scratch below the surface of their business. There are people on this forum I respect who would never talk about their own turnover, I've always tried to follow that example. There are others who will tell you that one man should do £650 in a day.... In fact I think this particular example was said 2 maybe 3 years ago.

Back