Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Servicing & Repairing our Vans

scottish cleaning service

My mechanic is a bit busy so I'm going to service my van tomorrow before its mot. Oil, fuel filter and change the oil, already run 2 cans of Catclean through the engine. Watched a few videos on utube and it doesn't look that difficult. Will give a follow up tomorrow. ?

My mechanic is a bit busy so I'm going to service my van tomorrow before its mot. Oil, fuel filter and change the oil, already run 2 cans of Catclean through the engine. Watched a few videos on utube and it doesn't look that difficult. Will give a follow up tomorrow. ?
Oh dear I don’t like the sound of this just dont  hit anything with a hammer like you did the pump ???

It’s easy it’s a. Vw crafter 
It took me 2hrs working out where the oil filter was. Took air filter off but no oil filter underneath. Mine being early model then it was next to the oil filer cap. Now I know where everything is it would take me an hour or so but what a dirty job. Lucky I had plenty of rags but saved myself a ton as I usually give the mechanic that to service it and I supply the parts.

@scottish cleaning service talking about your van did you ever resolve the issue with your aerial, I had some water ingress with mine last year with water getting into the cab light, but this past week I am not sure if condensation is travelling from the inside of the van roof into the light, 

never had condensation issues in the van until we moved, I am going to put the dehumidifier in the van tonight and see what happens, I did replace my aerial last year and had no issues for well over 6 months. 

@scottish cleaning service talking about your van did you ever resolve the issue with your aerial, I had some water ingress with mine last year with water getting into the cab light, but this past week I am not sure if condensation is travelling from the inside of the van roof into the light, 

never had condensation issues in the van until we moved, I am going to put the dehumidifier in the van tonight and see what happens, I did replace my aerial last year and had no issues for well over 6 months. 
The really cold snap might have caused the problem. A bit of water might have been in and when it's frozen its open up a small gap.

You could be right. In the end I just drilled holes where the water collected so in the future it will drip out and not be allowed to build up and wet my alarm connections. They should move the aerial so its not over the lights and alarm.

The really cold snap might have caused the problem. A bit of water might have been in and when it's frozen its open up a small gap.
I had water getting into the cab light months ago, but as we hadn't had any rain one day last week was when i noticed water in the light again and wondered if the condensation build up was above the cab as well and there is only one place for it to go, I'll have to do something to tackle the condensation build up and check the aerial. 

I had water getting into the cab light months ago, but as we hadn't had any rain one day last week was when i noticed water in the light again and wondered if the condensation build up was above the cab as well and there is only one place for it to go, I'll have to do something to tackle the condensation build up and check the aerial. 
When you're having your bait sit with your heater on and engine running ?

Back