Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Branding Stickers/Labels

joely_bland

Hi guys

I’ve just picked up a monthly job for the windows and the customer has asked me if I could take the manufacturer stickers off the frames. They’ve been on there for at least 2 years and they’ve never bothered taking them off so I did explain I’d have to charge extra for this. I gave it a check over and some areas will peel off and some areas it’s become brittle.
Does anyone have any recommendations for the best way of getting these off and what products to use? I’m aware some products could be damaging to the frame

Any advice much appreciated 

Thanks

Joel

What kind of labels is it, paper or plastic. What kind of frames, white pvc?

Search for lable off or sticky stuff remover on google. 

Last edited by a moderator:
After 2 years of exposure to uv light I expect they will be difficult to remove they will more than likely break up rather than peel we did a place absolute nightmare, plenty of solvent cleaner and plastic scrapers ???

Hi guys

I’ve just picked up a monthly job for the windows and the customer has asked me if I could take the manufacturer stickers off the frames. They’ve been on there for at least 2 years and they’ve never bothered taking them off so I did explain I’d have to charge extra for this. I gave it a check over and some areas will peel off and some areas it’s become brittle.
Does anyone have any recommendations for the best way of getting these off and what products to use? I’m aware some products could be damaging to the frame

Any advice much appreciated 

Thanks

Joel
I'd refuse the job....your making a rod for your own back IMO...

It's his own fault for leaving them on for so long!

I guarantee itll be a nightmare job ......??

Halfords do a T&G Remover, tar & glue, which takes them off but isn't cheap. Someone on here, keep forgetting who, uses WD40. Never used it myself so can't say how safe it is.
The Autoglym one should do the job, I used wd40 to remove leftover adhesive of my old L200 but you need plenty of detergent to remove the WD40 so the T&G would be the thing to use 

Back