Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Can anyone here recommend a good hose ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Electric reel. Grippa tank/ pure freedom. 
I am glad you don’t work for me you smash everything.  You sure your not too heavy handed, or have your bought rubbish stuff ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Electric reel. Grippa tank/ pure freedom. 
I am glad you don’t work for me you smash everything.  You sure your not too heavy handed, or have your bought rubbish stuff ??
Hahaha no its okay I just want to upgrade everything. I have bought cheap stuff in all fairness and now am in a position where I can afford much better gear so.

That’s great for you then. So my recommendations are for an electric reel the above I’ve quoted. Gardinerpole systems for pole/ brushes pole hose connections etc. 
Daqua for filters resin, etc. Both sell good gear. I’ve just bought a new hose 6mm 100 m orange microbore. Not tried it yet. I bought it just in case anything goes wrong with the streamline one I have on now. Need any help in deciding ask away. Lots are so helpful on here. All the best

Oh! Any particular reason why ? I feel like it would be the same as electric except without having to use a battery...
Probably as we haven't seen a 100m self retracting reel. Have you found one?

Plus hose wouldn't lay along the floor and would be pulling your pole back all the time!! Not sure it would work at all.

I was assuming most wfp windy use 100m of reel hose. If you find one post here might be interesting.
Yes all our reels have 100 meters of microbore and 30 meters of pole hose on them , years ago I did use 60 meters of hose but found it wasn’t long enough for a lot of jobs so only carry 100 now . 

I'd think if there was such a thing as a 100m spring retractable hose, by the time it would be pulled out nearly all the way it would be under huge tension.

Release the locking mechanism and the operator would be whipped away to be found wrapped around the reel along with the hose and the pole, kind of thing. ??

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd think if there was such a thing as a 100m spring retractable hose, by the time it would be pulled out nearly all the way it would be under huge tension.

Release the locking mechanism and the operator would be whipped away to be found wrapped around the reel along with the hose and the pole, kind of thing. ??
Bit like zeberdee on the magic roundabout ???

I have been sat hear picturing this ???? lol made my day ??????

30m of retractable of hose would be dangerous as once it winds back it it does it fast, it only takes a kid or one idiot to stand on the hose and have an accident, before I got my PowerUp reel I knocked a kid of 4 clean off his feet after he decided to stand on the hose, thankfully he was stood on grass and was just a bit shocked at end up on the floor. 

Also cars and bin lorries run over mine most days....

I think you need to rethink mate!

I'd go with 100m of red microbore and a Pure Freedom reelmaster..itll cost you around £750.....

Back