Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone buy stocks or shares?

JEM

Something I've never done before until last Friday, I've been hearing the hype about AMC so bought a few shares. Just hope it can go to the moon!

Yeah, my 18 yo Son came home Friday talking about doing shares. His mate does it, and showed him his bank account to prove he had 40k sitting in it ? Not bad for an 18 year old!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading a fantastic book at the moment called

The Psychology of money by Morgan Housel

It mentions that any fool can make money but the hard part is keeping it. I know exactly what he means, every time my business account reaches a grand I'm on the net buying something. ? 

Shares are a gamble, knowing when to buy or sale not getting greedy, but also a buzz, plus i can't afford to be addicted!

Everyone says only put in what you are willing to lose which is a great bit of advice

Shares are a gamble, knowing when to buy or sale not getting greedy, but also a buzz, plus i can't afford to be addicted!

Everyone says only put in what you are willing to lose which is a great bit of advice
I've follow and studied shares years ago, also dabbled a bit.  Basically you're looking at the price and trying to decide if it's too high or too low, however the price is only part of it, what you then have to do is predict what the mass herd of sheep will do.  You could have the best cheapest shares on the market, but if nobody else buys them then the share price will never go up.

I'm currently looking at getting some in Lloyds Bank, they look like they could rocket if the vaccines work.  Tesco's is a good one, buy and sell them on a regular basis as they are very predictable.

I’ve been doing it since the summer. Had a tip from a football forum . What was the worst mistake of my life is now turning into the best with upcoming phase 1 results for a company called vaxart. They are in for a COVID pill. If you want to make quick money it’s happening this week and everything is pointing towards good news. I’ve 4000 shares in it 

thank me later ?

I’ve been doing it since the summer. Had a tip from a football forum . What was the worst mistake of my life is now turning into the best with upcoming phase 1 results for a company called vaxart. They are in for a COVID pill. If you want to make quick money it’s happening this week and everything is pointing towards good news. I’ve 4000 shares in it 

thank me later ?
Could be deemed as insider trading, the Fraud squad might be looking for you soon ?

thank me later ?
How much is a share at the moment, and what do you think it will get to?

I bought AMC at $14.5 there is talk of it getting to 200+ if everyone holds, as there are shorts to buy out apparently i'm no expert!

How much is a share at the moment, and what do you think it will get to?

I bought AMC at $14.5 there is talk of it getting to 200+ if everyone holds, as there are shorts to buy out apparently i'm no expert!
It’s at 11.98 dollars. Hit a high on Friday of 13.50. I reckon with the fear of missing out pump that it’s possible it will hit 20 on announcement of results. There is a big COVID meeting on Wednesday and vaxart is last to speak at it.

I bought into amc only £500 worth at the same price as you, the whole trading companies not letting you buy more shares I cashed out at a 200 loss. Wish I held it now! 

I watched game stop a couple of weeks go up from 15 dollers and kept noticing it going up. Ragin I never actually knew what was going on with it all or I would have bought some shares!

It’s at 11.98 dollars. Hit a high on Friday of 13.50. I reckon with the fear of missing out pump that it’s possible it will hit 20 on announcement of results. There is a big COVID meeting on Wednesday and vaxart is last to speak at it.

I bought into amc only £500 worth at the same price as you, the whole trading companies not letting you buy more shares I cashed out at a 200 loss. Wish I held it now! 

I watched game stop a couple of weeks go up from 15 dollers and kept noticing it going up. Ragin I never actually knew what was going on with it all or I would have bought some shares!
Yeah there has been a lot of shenanigans with GME and AMC with Robbin Hood halting trades, and now putting in limits. I'm using Revolut as i had a account with them and i can do 3 Free trades a month.

I think to try and get people to sell short they will allow the share to rise maybe up to 50 with the hope people with sell early , but i think it has bigger potential. but I'm an ape what do i know!

Yeah there has been a lot of shenanigans with GME and AMC with Robbin Hood halting trades, and now putting in limits. I'm using Revolut as i had a account with them and i can do 3 Free trades a month.

I think to try and get people to sell short they will allow the share to rise maybe up to 50 with the hope people with sell early , but i think it has bigger potential. but I'm an ape what do i know!
Did you get into vaxart ? I’m up 16 grand on it at the minute ! 

No, I'm only in AMC at the moment I don't have the funds to add in to other shares! Looks like last Thursday was a good time to have got in. I will keep eye on it

Did you get into vaxart ? I’m up 16 grand on it at the minute ! 
Just doing a brief research into it, it would appear that the price puts it at just over $1 billion.  The moderna vaccine is estimated to give the company $11 billion.  Given that vaxart is still in clinical trials and there are other vaccines out there that will come to market faster I'd say it's a gamble to hold.  If you're 16k up I'd seriously look at cashing out, at least half of it.

Reading a fantastic book at the moment called

The Psychology of money by Morgan Housel

It mentions that any fool can make money but the hard part is keeping it. I know exactly what he means, every time my business account reaches a grand I'm on the net buying something. ? 
When i get money its just goes through my hands like water ? treated my self to 2 fishing rods zziplex bullet gts £1200 odd hand made to my spec i wanted then desided wanted new reels Penn mag 4 s £256 for pair now got my eye on to rough ground rods £1200 for a pair ?‍♂️ just gota hide them in shed wife will never no ???‍♂️?

Last edited by a moderator:
The biggest gambling junkie ride I ever had was 10yrs ago when I traded futures. The chart goes up so I bought and then it goes down and I sell and lose. The chart goes down so I sell and then it goes back up again and I buy and lose again. You would swear that someone is watching you trade and moving the price on the chart in the opposite direction. One afternoon I was trading the Euro v Dollar which is the biggest instrument in the world and I sold 10 contracts and thought nothing of it. Well it was a Friday and the Euro had been rising all week and it had just taken out the day's and weekly high. From 4pm onwards 80% of the world is trading mostly in the Western world so the big moves happen in the afternoon. The Euro slowly began to fall and from the moment I sold it I never showed a minus so was enjoying every moment of it. Then after 5pm it began to go near the weekly low and I knew if it broke it there would be plenty of stops which would increase the selling. Well it broke the low and fell 100 points in less than 5 minutes because it just hit stop after stop all the way down. I have never seen the accumulation of money so fast in all my life, I was over $20k for less than 2hrs trading then it began to rise. I began to panic and managed to buy them back and made $19k. My broker came into work on the Monday and called me to see what happened, he said a lot of the traders go home at 5pm and put in stops in the market in case the trade goes against them. I still remember that trade as if it was yesterday but slowly but surely the market takes it all back till the account goes flat. If I end up with plenty of money to lose then I may get back into it but I've had my fun with it and much prefer window cleaning. ?

Back