Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter repairs above conservatory

Mx19

Hi All, 

As some of you may be aware I offer a gutter repair service alongside my gutter cleaning which I actually really enjoy! I keep turning down relatively easy jobs of replacing unions etc as they are above conservatories (which makes it not so easy haha).

Just wondering if anyone on here has experience accessing these? I'd quite like to be able to work out a relatively simple way of accessing them whilst still being safe and avoiding full scaffold setups etc. I've considered scaffold towers, and cherry pickers etc, just wondering if there's something i'm missing ?

cheers!

Hi All, 

As some of you may be aware I offer a gutter repair service alongside my gutter cleaning which I actually really enjoy! I keep turning down relatively easy jobs of replacing unions etc as they are above conservatories (which makes it not so easy haha).

Just wondering if anyone on here has experience accessing these? I'd quite like to be able to work out a relatively simple way of accessing them whilst still being safe and avoiding full scaffold setups etc. I've considered scaffold towers, and cherry pickers etc, just wondering if there's something i'm missing ?

cheers!
I think you can get ladders that are designed for conservatory roofs 

I don't know whether conservatory roof ladders will get me close enough to the gutter line of the house?

I say no to a lot of them, but just trying to figure out if there's a way to make it really worth my while.

This is a picture of the property:

IMG_0656.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know whether conservatory roof ladders will get me close enough to the gutter line of the house?

I say no to a lot of them, but just trying to figure out if there's a way to make it really worth my while.

This is a picture of the property:

View attachment 23236
If you are tall enough you might reach, but you will be stood on the conny roof ladder how you shouldn't be and could potentially slip and fall whilst working, I'd pass on it rather than risk a fall and landing on that glass roof. 

Back