Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

van sign writing

hi guys  getting my van signs done this is  my 1st draft   anything i need to add or  take off 

View attachment 23235
Looks nice simple clean cut I like it , I might have window cleaning under clean glaze just in case some don’t get what you do , but Ime sure it will bring in work for you .if you have a web site I would put that on it somewhere as well 

Website address would be good if you have one. I do wonder about having name, window cleaner and phone number on bonnet as people walking towards your van see the logo or maybe when it's parked on your drive?

May I ask what sort of quotes you are getting and did the sign company do the design or was it your own work?

Website address would be good if you have one. I do wonder about having name, window cleaner and phone number on bonnet as people walking towards your van see the logo or maybe when it's parked on your drive?

May I ask what sort of quotes you are getting and did the sign company do the design or was it your own work?
I have just my company logo on my bonnet, just another bit of free advertising but doesn't look cluttered

hi guys  getting my van signs done this is  my 1st draft   anything i need to add or  take off 

View attachment 23235
When I read clean glaze I immediately thought of glazers, folk who fit glass. If I do mine again I'm going to say domestic window cleaning and leave out the commercial because I don't do many commercial and prefer domestic. Its looking good. ?

quote 300 plus vat  been clean glaze for 11 years told  them  i want window cleaning under clean glaze  company did design for me thanks for input  i have made a few change will put them up when they send it back thanks

quote 300 plus vat  been clean glaze for 11 years told  them  i want window cleaning under clean glaze  company did design for me thanks for input  i have made a few change will put them up when they send it back thanks
Sounds expensive for that but it’s still very cheap advertising best money you will ever spend 

Website, landline. But nice and simple, looks great.
No need for a landline these days everyone accepts a mobile is the norm now.

I have just my company logo on my bonnet, just another bit of free advertising but doesn't look cluttered
I have my logo on my bonnet as well as right around the van so matter what way I am parked people know exactly what I do, I wasn't sure at first, but it looks good.

Sounds expensive for that but it’s still very cheap advertising best money you will ever spend 
It does sound expensive for a small van including design and fitting 

So many people i quote say i saw your van and, took a picture or jottwd the number down.

Best money ive spent advertising wise.

20200821_163940.jpg

20200821_163908.jpg

20200821_163957.jpg

20200821_163931.jpg

No need for a landline these days everyone accepts a mobile is the norm now.
?

I have always prefered just using a landline, but I agree with what your saying.

I am just very busy and hate getting held up on the phone when your trying to work. All calls get dealt with at night.

I much prefer email enquiries, its kept nice, short and sweet, and I have a record of the conversation to refer back to.

IMG_20200919_171200_950.jpg

?

I have always prefered just using a landline, but I agree with what your saying.

I am just very busy and hate getting held up on the phone when your trying to work. All calls get dealt with at night.

I much prefer email enquiries, its kept nice, short and sweet, and I have a record of the conversation to refer back to.

View attachment 23243
I 100% agree with you. By the time I’ve taken the pole back in, put it down and taken my gloves off they’ve usually hung up as well. I don’t text my partner whilst I’m working for the same reason. It ruins the flow of the day for me. I like to set off, smash the work out then get home and deal with the admin. 

Last edited by a moderator:
We use a virtual landline company. They provide us with what appears to be a local landline number, we even use it on our signwriting and business cards. It diverts all incoming calls to my wife's mobile phone without the caller knowing. That way I don't get bothered by calls when I'm working and customers think they're calling a landline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can’t beat having the most options for someone to contact you on your van. Mobile number is very handy for ‘I just saw you pull into the estate’ or ‘I’ve just spotted your van next door’ texts. Without a mobile number you may be missing a trick. 

Anyone tried a QR code of their web site on the side of the van?

I'm guessing QR codes probably not the right demographic for people looking for Windy? 

Can’t beat having the most options for someone to contact you on your van. Mobile number is very handy for ‘I just saw you pull into the estate’ or ‘I’ve just spotted your van next door’ texts. Without a mobile number you may be missing a trick. 
Wife's mobile number is on the van and cards as well as the landline number. We don't bother with email or website, we avoid fb like the plague.

Wife fields any calls, finds out what the enquiry is (regular service, soapwash, gutter empty?), gets details, name, address etc and rings my son. He fields calls from her without breaking our stride while I do the driving. Once he's got the information we need we'll deal with it while we're on the road.

The customers ringing an office number sets the tone from the start that we are a business. I fully understand not everyone can have the convenience of someone at base fielding calls... Completely solo working. Wife not interested or busy with other things: jobs, childcare. And other guys are single or divorced. Believe me, I know all about that as well.

Walk ups are handled by son and I there and then. Usually priced and done immediately so they tie in with our next visit to the neighbours.

That's the way we work it. Hence we're eating the work quicker and quicker. We were finished at 1 o'clock today with a handy day done, and I'm sat, supping tea. The early part of the week was busier, tomorrow is quite busy. Friday should be a fairly easy day.

The QR codes I am thinking of are the square ones that when scanned with a mobile direct people to a website. Not a code to quickly get a windy in an emergency ? I like your thinking though.
I do too. Can we put flashing lights and sirens on our vans?

Ahh, go on!... Please!!? ??

Back