Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Lagging pump box

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Daftoldgit

I'm thinking of packing my pump box with insulation over the rest of winter as it sometimes freezes up- has anyone tried it, could it overheat?

Chuck some old fleece blankets or a cheap duvet over the top of box and that will do the job, if you can't run electric out the van for an oil filled rad. 

I'll try the duvet, no chance of electric due to the parking place, cheers.
You could also put 5 or 10 litres of hot (but not boiling) water in a can or two and put them under the covers if it's really cold. Remember you don't need to keep the equipment warm a degree or two above freezing will do. I used to do it late in the evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, like a night storage heater kinda thing, like it!
Yeah sort of. Or a large hot water bottle. It's important that it only releases the heat very, very slowly or it won't work all through the night. Remember the coldest part of the night is usually around dawn so it's important to still have some heat in the containers at that time.

I actually use a lagged hot water bottle in my outdoor RO box, never thought of using the same principle in the van! I have some 10 litre camping jerrycans which would do the job.  its surprising how long a frozen pump takes to thaw out, even applying heat it takes a fair while.

I actually use a lagged hot water bottle in my outdoor RO box, never thought of using the same principle in the van! I have some 10 litre camping jerrycans which would do the job.  its surprising how long a frozen pump takes to thaw out, even applying heat it takes a fair while.
Yeah much better to prevent it from freezing in the first place. If you can. ??

Latest Posts

Back