Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone treat wasps nests when window cleaning?

Adman

Something a bit different...

I have a family friend who has developed a new wasps nest treatment and has asked me if I'd consider pushing it as an add on.  He's asked if I could gauge interest on here if others do it or would consider doing it for the right money with the right product.

The product is innovative in how the wasp killer is delivered and I think it could be quite good.

There's a link to a survey here:

https://forms.gle/TiisECk2V8KKSLx3A

Hope this post is ok and in the right place?  I put it here as I wanted to know the opinions of WFP 'ers

I think you need a pest control licence to do this kind of work professionally .  Spraying some killer on a wasps nest in your own garden using wfp is one thing charging a customer to do it is another . 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm allergic to wasp stings, so would avoid, any issues I have a mate who has been a pest controller for over 35 years if a customer is concerned I will pass on his details, but I prefer they be left alone, no point killing something if it isn't causing an issue. 

I like to leave them if not doing any harm. They do a good job killing other pests,like flies, and they pollinate too I think. Only been stung a couple of times years ago and didnt feel any worse than being stung by a nettle. Funny enough had a queen wasp in my van yesterday. must've been hibernating and the van heat woke it. got it out and off it flew ?

Something a bit different...

I have a family friend who has developed a new wasps nest treatment and has asked me if I'd consider pushing it as an add on.  He's asked if I could gauge interest on here if others do it or would consider doing it for the right money with the right product.

The product is innovative in how the wasp killer is delivered and I think it could be quite good.

There's a link to a survey here:

https://forms.gle/TiisECk2V8KKSLx3A

Hope this post is ok and in the right place?  I put it here as I wanted to know the opinions of WFP 'ers
Nope, I wouldn't be interested in using that product. As others have said, I wouldn't kill wasps when not necessary. I wouldn't go near them either and would leave them well alone.

Great Post  as it is something im considering to get involved in.  Due to the fact that the customers I have told they have wasp nests are being charged £50+ to get them treated, pest controllers are there in minutes n dealt with them in minutes, wonder why.  So a £10 house turns into a £60 house, pretty good deal.

Remember you need to be insured as well, i phoned a company it was about £360 a year.

My little bit of research has taught me, you can't just treat nests. You do need to be a fully trained pest controller, you can't just do a course on dealing with wasps, which I wanted to do.

I've just paid about £120 for the BPCA pest control manual, to read through to see if I want to go down this route, might be less wearing on the shoulders, but think there is a lot more to it, regarding legislation, recording n reporting. 

There is an online course about £700 takes 60-80 hours online training.

Then about £200 to do a 3 hour exam that you have to attend and pass(obviously)

So for about £1000 you could be trained to do a new job, which is pretty good overall. 

20210203_141945.jpg

Back