Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Biggest conservatory/ no. Of panes?

RWCleaning

Just wondering what the biggest conservatory is on your round? (Pictures if they’re ‘unbelievable’) as just wondering how big conservatory’s can get. I picked up a job last summer which I now do, the conservatory has 26 panes, all full length 6-7 foot panes. From the gutter all the way to the ground. The conservatory alone takes about 20+ minutes ? (just windows not the roof) I charge £45 for This bungalow. The rest of the job is a standard easy 4 bed bungalow. 

I saw while up on a flat roof in a posh village I clean in a ginormous conservatory through some trees quite far away. It was the width of the 5 or 6 bed house it was attached to. Hard to judge how far it came out from the house at the angle I was, but maybe 20 feet as well? The gutter height on the conservatory looked about 10 feet off the ground, was so tall. And the top pitch/crowning of it was in line the upstairs window. 

Wow. That looks awkward! Never seen a upstairs conservatory before.

How much did you charge for that Paul? £30 knowing you ?? ? ? 
It’s a regular job but we do the roof once or twice  a year hate doing it everything is awkward with the house , it’s a bit more than £30 ????

How long does that job take appointmently from setup to drive off @Pjj
Just doing the house and conservatory from the gutter line down about 1 hour , most of the windows are awkward access , 

when we do the conservatory. Roof and all the gfs it’s 1 to 1.5 days that’s with 2 people . 
if we pressure wash all the paths and patios steps a further day 

I just got off the phone on a quote for a little 3 bed house, he also said he has a small conservatory about 8ft i think, and about 7 panels i think he said. or that was the house number? I've never priced up one yet. So what kind of ball park figures do you go with. £1 per pane?

I just got off the phone on a quote for a little 3 bed house, he also said he has a small conservatory about 8ft i think, and about 7 panels i think he said. or that was the house number? I've never priced up one yet. So what kind of ball park figures do you go with. £1 per pane?
Depends on where you are in UK. If it's for a roof clean then some charge based on number of roof panels i.e. £10 a panel down to maybe £4 a panel depending on location etc. Some have minimum charge as more gear to get out of van etc.

If it's just the windows of a conny then some do price per pane others just guestimate how long it will take them then calc that based on their hourly rate. Some of the companies that do fixed price stuff quote an extra £3 to £5 for conservatory windows.

Also depends on how you are off for work and how easy a job it is, parking, access, etc...

Depends on where you are in UK. If it's for a roof clean then some charge based on number of roof panels i.e. £10 a panel down to maybe £4 a panel depending on location etc. Some have minimum charge as more gear to get out of van etc.

If it's just the windows of a conny then some do price per pane others just guestimate how long it will take them then calc that based on their hourly rate. Some of the companies that do fixed price stuff quote an extra £3 to £5 for conservatory windows.

Also depends on how you are off for work and how easy a job it is, parking, access, etc...
I'm down in the south east so prices are little bit higher down here.

I'll play it by ear then, see how easy access is and try and work out how long it might take then go from there. At least now i have a ball park figure to work with ?

Back