Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner slx problems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Pressurewasher

Morning all. 
i took the plunge last year and bought the slx 27 purely for fsg cleaning. But im having problems with the connectors at the brush end, they keep popping off. 
i dont know if its because im heavy handed scrubbing like the hulk or if its the water pressure (customers tap) ?‍♂️

anyway has anyone encountered this? Any remedies? Upgrades?

i would have saved an hour on yesterdays job if it werent for this.

CDAF5B3C-ED1B-4678-98F8-97AC675F9D37.jpeg

Do you use a univalve? 

put a hose clamp around the orange hose to remove pressure from the connections.

I actually thought of this (well my first idea was zip tie the orange hose but i guess hose clamp makes more sense.)

no i dont use univalve at the minute but had thought about trying it out ?

I actually thought of this (well my first idea was zip tie the orange hose but i guess hose clamp makes more sense.)

no i dont use univalve at the minute but had thought about trying it out ?
Pull a bit more of your orange hose out and put 2 cable ties round it reasonably tight - but not tight enough to stop water ? 

When you put the jet connectors back make sure they are clipped in and the hose is pushed all the way in - it can require a bit of a push.

Also if that's a new brush to go on the slx27 then after 1 job the stock does look a bit beaten up.

Did you spray the gfs with anything before you started and give it some dwell time? Even a bit of screwfix degreaser helps shift the much easier than just water.

its the new style capsules. they need to be used with the close coupled set up.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/2-way-close-coupled-jet-hose-assembly.html

I feel that the brushes should come with the close coupled set-up as without it the jets are next to useless.
These look interesting, cheers

Pull a bit more of your orange hose out and put 2 cable ties round it reasonably tight - but not tight enough to stop water ? 

When you put the jet connectors back make sure they are clipped in and the hose is pushed all the way in - it can require a bit of a push.

Also if that's a new brush to go on the slx27 then after 1 job the stock does look a bit beaten up.

Did you spray the gfs with anything before you started and give it some dwell time? Even a bit of screwfix degreaser helps shift the much easier than just water.
Yes mate i use virosol, about 10-1. Im just heavy handed i guess!! ?

I had the same issue with the capsules before going close coupled with the pipework. You can press it back together once you get the rest of the capsule out and remove the pipework. Havent had a single issues since moving over.

Morning all. 
i took the plunge last year and bought the slx 27 purely for fsg cleaning. But im having problems with the connectors at the brush end, they keep popping off. 
i dont know if its because im heavy handed scrubbing like the hulk or if its the water pressure (customers tap) ?‍♂️

anyway has anyone encountered this? Any remedies? Upgrades?

i would have saved an hour on yesterdays job if it werent for this.

View attachment 23295
I've had the same problem with several brushes with the same setup. I do use a Univalve but it's fitted properly with a hose stop to prevent it from pulling. The cause in my case is the clear hose snagging on hinges, handles and corners. They wouldn't stay in after just pushing back in.

The remedy that works well for me is a five minute job : Put a small bead of Gorilla Glue all around the black piece in your photo and press it back into place. Make sure it's slightly damp to activate the glue then make sure it can't move or pull out. Leave it overnight to set.

I've done several of these repairs. The first one failed just recently after a long time in use, but it can be re-glued. I will be buying the close coupled jets on my next order.

Back