Pressure washer oil

tench0771

46 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

Ive got 5-30 oil in shed for my van will that be ok or best to stick with 10-30 20210205_170714.thumb.jpg.df6987cec9e45f31e9d98af7afd0a443.jpg

Although you might thing 5-30 is better as it's thinner at low temps the engine will have been designed with a specific grade of oil and operating temps in mind. So always best to get same viscosity as recommended plus if they spec a APi grade meet or exceed that as well. 

Just noticed they quote APi SE or SF. So get at least that if not better i.e. SG, SH etc.... S = Spark ignition and higher letter better. For info APi CD, CE etc means Compression Ignition (Diesel) then higher letter better. Don't be conned into a 'semi synthetic' they are a waste of money, Fully synthetic are not a waste of money especially if you have a turbo!!!

Edited by ched999uk
scottish cleaning service
3 hours ago, tench0771 said:

Ive got 5-30 oil in shed for my van will that be ok or best to stick with 10-30 20210205_170714.thumb.jpg.df6987cec9e45f31e9d98af7afd0a443.jpg

10-30 looks like the right one because it can get really hot working for a few hours.

I had to buy Gear oil for mine EP80W-90 as it was running a bit low. These things are good to have around in case you need them at short notice. 😉

10 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I had to buy Gear oil for mine EP80W-90 as it was running a bit low. These things are good to have around in case you need them at short notice. 😉

I assume the EP oil was for the pump? EP stands for Extreme Pressure - which is normally for gearbox lubrication.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ched999uk said:

I assume the EP oil was for the pump? EP stands for Extreme Pressure - which is normally for gearbox lubrication.

Aye oil for the gears but made me think I will need to check my engine oil now. 👍