Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone Used This Brush?

Inked

Has anyone had any experience with this brush?

I've had it for ages but I don't ever remember using it. 

It's made by Gardiner and the bristles are not as bushy as the pictures make them out to be but it's VERY lightweight. 

I could also do with some tips on cleaning it ?

Edit: oh and it's obviously been modified...lol

20210205_125459.jpg

20210205_125515.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Inked that’s a flocked Gardiner Xtreme sill brush. I use it all the time. I use 100 degree fan jets with it and it’s brilliant. You can get little bumpers that clip on the sides to stop it knocking against frames. The bristles have a sort of crushed feel on the ends (makes them extra soft), so they look a bit dusty but they’re actually clean. One of the best brushes I’ve ever used.

Last edited:
@Inked that’s a flocked Gardiner Xtreme sill brush. I use it all the time. I use 100 degree fan jets with it and it’s brilliant. You can get little bumpers that clip on the sides to stop it knocking against frames. The bristles have a sort of crushed feel on the ends (makes them extra soft), so they look a bit dusty but they’re actually clean. One of the best brushes I’ve ever used.
Thanks.

Hmmm.. the tips of the bristles don't look flocked but they do feel very soft.

So soft in fact that it was one one the reasons  I asked how you guys get on with it.

The bristles feel so sparse and soft that I couldn't see how it could give the windows a good scrub...lol

I'll take another picture tomorrow to show what I mean about the dirt as it's more at the base of the bristles. 

Thanks.

Hmmm.. the tips of the bristles don't look flocked but they do feel very soft.

So soft in fact that it was one one the reasons  I asked how you guys get on with it.

The bristles feel so sparse and soft that I couldn't see how it could give the windows a good scrub...lol

I'll take another picture tomorrow to show what I mean about the dirt as it's more at the base of the bristles. 
I don’t know about anything about dirt at the base of the bristles next to the stock. I’ll have a look at mine tomorrow and try and compare. The bristles as shorter and more sparse (sort of in straight rows) as it is basically stripped down to a minimum to keep the weight down. It’s very, very light indeed. Personally I don’t have a problem with scrubbing. The Gardiner jets are flush with the stock so you couldn’t do any damage like on other brands that the jets stick out a bit. Soft brushes aren’t for everyone, and it probably won’t last as long as as the medium bristles brushes, but I really like these. 

Dirt and old cobwebs do migrate down to the brush stock. I clean them out with a small screwdriver from time to time. A concentrated jet of water from a hose pipe with one of those adjustable nozzles also helps to blast it out.

My tip is to remove the overhead fan jets. You will damage customers rendering above the window frame on some houses.

The Gardiner jet system will allow you to swap jets over from pencil to fan very quickly. 

I’ve got two of them. One with 50 degree fan jets that we use for the first time round on a first clean, another we use for leaded windows with pencil jets.

I can’t add much to what @spruce said, I rinse it with the hose and then soak it in a bucket of pure, once everything has had a few hours to soften it comes out relatively well with a screwdriver.

Those brushes are all I use. They are brilliant but lack longevity.

Boil a kettle and pour it over the bristles to reshape them and clean at the same time ?

It also looks like someone has drilled out the original Gardiner Jets @Inkedand fitted brass jets. If those jets protrude into the bristle area (passed the brush stock) then there is the possibility of damaging a customer's window frame or even scratching the glass.

Thanks for all the replies guys ?

I used the brush the other day and it brought some really dirty windows (I almost trad them) up lovely.

I think it will be my go to brush for a while.

I only used it because the weather was so cold that the jets on the brush I was using froze up and because I didn't have anything with me to unblock them I had to change the brush....lol

It also looks like someone has drilled out the original Gardiner Jets @Inkedand fitted brass jets. If those jets protrude into the bristle area (passed the brush stock) then there is the possibility of damaging a customer's window frame or even scratching the glass.
It's ok the jets are flush and can't touch the window ?

I use it on fascia. Personally think its the best brush for getting behind the gutter the bristles are slightly longer than Gardiner Universal. 

Back