Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Facebook tech. All advertising now on here

johnny bravo

Everyone is at it now, all trying to look better than the other .     

Facebook marketing         Paying off

I see around 5 a week now just flash advertising through fb

Last edited by a moderator:
adverts popping up on Facebook.      Never seen so many,  around 5 companies  in my area.   They pay FB  advertising charges

All offering the same services.

If its paying off, good luck to them.     I started with the old fashioned  Canvassing. Flyers & Door knocking.

johnny bravo said:
adverts popping up on Facebook.      Never seen so many,  around 5 companies  in my area.   They pay FB  advertising charges

If its paying off, good luck to them.     I started with the old fashioned  Canvassing. Flyers & Door knocking.
Most new bussinesses now use Facebook  as there nu.1  Advertising Platform

Yep . I just ran 2 Facebook ads, 1 cost £30 the other £10 for 5 days. Got seen by just over 10k people in total.  But paid for themselves. Got to quote on 6 jobs of which I got 4. So happy with that.

Will run another £30 one ,mid March. See how that goes. 
Why wait till March - OK wait till weather a bit better but as a return on investment £40 for 4 customers sound great, especially as you are down South so better prices. Think about it, if a windy is selling a round then it's normally 3 or 4 cleans that they are looking for - Your FB ads are giving you a customer at less than a single clean - OK so they have to stay on to become regular but sounds like you have your ads right and it's giving results. Keep it up and you will have a great round soon. OK so FB customers aren't always best long term but it gets you and your van in different streets cleaning windows and being seen. Leaflet the rest of the street after you clean new custy and keep fingers crossed.. Well done, keep it up.

Most new bussinesses now use Facebook  as there nu.1  Advertising Platform
Jonny ive spent more money on facebook ads then all the window cleaners in the town put together.... but the reason behind that is because ive only been paying a fraction  of the actual add cost cos cos i know someone who sells facebook ad vouchers , he has a lot of multi business owners as his customers going to him for these vouchers ,  Not many window cleaners advertise heavy on facebook to be honest... they may put in £80 worth of money, here and there.... or even maybe a few window cleaners have vouchers themselves ?  ? ? Not hard to ge hold off if u know the right sources.

I considered myself as the king of facebook ads  ? but i actually lost interest in Facebook Ads because on customers picked up via , walk ups , phone call , leaflet are a lot better customers then the ones i got through Facebook , Facebook customers are also the bad paying customers who do not want to pay.

Facebook ads enabled me to go from

FAcebook ads made my business grow from 3 vans to 7 vans ? Facebook ads is good for anyone climbing the ladder but it really is not cheap ...... its so expensive... !!! I found it expensive and i was only paying fraction of the cost , i did facebook ads last week i put on £2,000 worth of ads it only cost me £600 in voucher money and the outcome from the £600 voucher money was still not worth it so that goes to show how expensive facebook ads are ,, so i feel sorry for the people who actually pay full cost !

I lost love for Facebook now.... i mean i wouldnt even entertain facebook ads at paying fraction of the cost in my own area nevermind pay full money haha.

Facebook ads will only work in your area if it hasnt been abused in your area people, if  window cleaning ads have been blasted all over facebook continously over the past 12 months then there is a good chance u will be picking up a lot of **** and shyt customers who are not worth the time.

If no one is advrtising in your area then get advertising AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PEOPLE because u can pick up good customers from Facebook Ads ?

For anyone looking to grow there business then Facebook Ads is a must i reckon

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Why wait till March - OK wait till weather a bit better but as a return on investment £40 for 4 customers sound great, especially as you are down South so better prices. Think about it, if a windy is selling a round then it's normally 3 or 4 cleans that they are looking for - Your FB ads are giving you a customer at less than a single clean - OK so they have to stay on to become regular but sounds like you have your ads right and it's giving results. Keep it up and you will have a great round soon. OK so FB customers aren't always best long term but it gets you and your van in different streets cleaning windows and being seen. Leaflet the rest of the street after you clean new custy and keep fingers crossed.. Well done, keep it up.
I'm doing first cleans on them next week. Will go knocking doors when I finish each 1. Have a plan on different wording for mid March.  Which will hopefully work also. 

ive not really spotted your adds Harun,     never noticed to tell the truth.    There are 4  advertising  adds for companies i have not noticed working  about. town areas.   But customers seem to be 1 here and 1 there .      all different areas in town.    Ok if a new starter i suppose.    Still best canvassing .

ive not really spotted your adds Harun,     never noticed to tell the truth.    There are 4  advertising  adds for companies i have not noticed working  about. town areas.   But customers seem to be 1 here and 1 there .      all different areas in town.    Ok if a new starter i suppose.    Still best canvassing .
Agree the 6 I quoted were here there n everywhere tbh. But gotta start somewhere. After I clean each 1 of the 4 I did get, I'll be knocking on doors for n hr or so. Try n get some more in the areas.

OK so FB customers aren't always best long term
Again another myth IMHO that all FB custys are ? every FB custy I have gained over the years has been spot on some I have had for 6 years from when I first set up my page, 

It's very easy to filter any new enquiry, if they haven't mentioned which estate they live on in there initial contact I ask if they would be happy to provide me with the first line of address so I can let them know if I cover the area they live, if they mention areas I have no interest in for a variety of reasons I will tell them I can't offer them a service, if it's area, village or town I don't cover I pass the enquiry onto a mate. 

Half my round at least has been built through FB advertising. You get some time wasters but nothing more than the usual number. I’m adding a price page to my website so hoping that’ll weed out even more of them. 
The work is more spread but over time it builds a semi-compact round if you keep it up. Also I’m starting a referral program to see if that encourages customers to mention us to neighbours, on FB groups, etc. 

Half my round at least has been built through FB advertising. You get some time wasters but nothing more than the usual number. I’m adding a price page to my website so hoping that’ll weed out even more of them. 
The work is more spread but over time it builds a semi-compact round if you keep it up. Also I’m starting a referral program to see if that encourages customers to mention us to neighbours, on FB groups, etc. 
Half my round was built by Master Jedi's cast offs. ?

A price list has crossed my mind multiple times over the years, but I'd rather keep my prices from my competition as they are all cheaper than me and I doubt they have any real interest in upping there prices but would sooner try to undercut me, so I prefer to keep my prices on the quiet. 

A price list has crossed my mind multiple times over the years, but I'd rather keep my prices from my competition as they are all cheaper than me and I doubt they have any real interest in upping there prices but would sooner try to undercut me, so I prefer to keep my prices on the quiet. 
That’s what has always put me off, but I’m not worried about the competition like that anymore. A customer wants a cheap job they’re welcome to it. Time will tell of course. I may end up eating my words and taking it down ?

That’s what has always put me off, but I’m not worried about the competition like that anymore. A customer wants a cheap job they’re welcome to it. Time will tell of course. I may end up eating my words and taking it down ?
I like the idea of having a minimum price on my van and my website to keep the timewasters away. £8 it will be when I get round to it.

Latest Posts

Back