Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best place to buy a delivery unit 500l to 600 l

I live near ionics but there quoting 2k for a delivery unit tank pump and outlets so was wondering if the t too much? Reconditioned tank too .

I know they produce quality products though.

Surely their delivery units are a full tank with frame plus pump controller etc and that's fully fitted?

@Pjj & @AGlassAct are very familiar with the ionics unit's so can maybe better advise on their tanks 

Surely their delivery units are a full tank with frame plus pump controller etc and that's fully fitted?

@Pjj & @AGlassAct are very familiar with the ionics unit's so can maybe better advise on their tanks 
Yeah you get all that for 2 k and the tank is a reconditioned one but I was just wondering if there's any better value for money out there I'm 80% gonna go with ionics just because it's around the corner. 

The old ones were opaque white ibc tanks the newer tanks are black built in baffles in a range I’d sizes the price he has said sounds about right , ionics stuff is good I have 3 of there systems never had a problem with them , but they are expensive , I bought one new from them the others I bought second hand off eBay and a guy on hear , second hand is the way to go if you aren't in a rush there are some bargains if you know what you are looking at and are ok with a bit of diy  

There tanks generally come in a stainless steel frame and are very robust , the foot print can be a bit bigger than equivalent sized tanks . 

Yeah you get all that for 2 k and the tank is a reconditioned one but I was just wondering if there's any better value for money out there I'm 80% gonna go with ionics just because it's around the corner. 
Thought so, tank has maybe come out of lease van a tank is a tank and I'm sure they will ensure that everything is as it should be for it to be sold and fitted I would assume you will get some form of warranty on the system as well, 

If I had wfp installer round the corner from me I would go with them, otherwise what are you going to do for a whole day if you travel to another supplier, no cafes or anything open to pass the time at least you can go home and put your feet up and just await the phone call to collect your van.

One on eBay at the moment.....

I’d never buy an Ionics tank new. You can get a fully custom built one for half the price without the  stainless steel frame (which more than doubles the weight). I’ve brought a couple of second hand systems on eBay - a thermopure 1000 litre which I paid £125 for and a 650 litre thermo pure one for about £350 (can’t remember exactly how much the last one was). I make a point of either buying a new foot pack from Ionics or recondition the old set (sand blasted and hot dip galvanised). Either way £2k for a delivery only system is a bit steep in my eyes!!!!

F3435748-2E61-4118-81D9-D4E678BFA2BC.png

Yeah I just need tank pump and controller so will give them a call tomorrow as I'm not earning until that's back in ?was suppose to be doing a few gutter jobs but it's-2 down here for the next 2 days 
Wyedale tank around £200 depending on size. Pump and controller on board around £200. Leaves you around £1600. 

Pure freedom 500L tank £200

Pure freedom cage £450

Pump and controller on a board £200

Get your local garage to fit your tank £150

Your could order it online and get your garage to fit it for a grand.half the price of ionics....

If it was just around the corner I would probably just go with them for convenience alone(esp if I had to wait a week or 2 for the tank to get delivered)

I will say though if you get the Ionics one fitted by them then you know its fitted properly. I think @Pjj buys decent second hand ones then pays Ionics to fit them, so its still secured down with new clamps and everything.

However, I will add that Ionics will price match if you send them a quote. So get a WCW quote or someone similar, then send it over to them. You'll get a secure system at a decent price. 

https://www.pure2o.co.uk/price-promise/

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say though if you get the Ionics one fitted by them then you know its fitted properly. I think @Pjj buys decent second hand ones then pays Ionics to fit them, so its still secured down with new clamps and everything.

However, I will add that Ionics will price match if you send them a quote. So get a WCW quote or someone similar, then send it over to them. You'll get a secure system at a decent price. 

https://www.pure2o.co.uk/price-promise/
Yes that’s what I do I use an authorised installed only 10 miles up the road from me rather than drive up to ionics at swindon , they are also a lot cheaper than ionics they supplied 2 new feet ( clamps ) and all new nuts and bolts ( fitting kit) and fitted it for £180 I think that’s very good value for money .

Back