Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Producing pure at home

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ethicleen Ltd

Hi all,

Currently using a van mounted filtration system however am looking to start producing at home to allow me too fill the van quicker. I don’t have a driveway and it’s becoming quite awkward having hoses running out to the van etc.

Water is hard where I am (350ppm) so know that I will need RO and DI but not quite sure exactly what I need to best produce and get water to the van I.e pump etc. Was wondering if anyone could suggest a setup which would work for me?

Also worth saying that my water will be stored outside so it might be ideal to have a mobile filtration system (does that exist?) that I can get out of the shed every time I produce? 

Cheers,

Adam

Attachments

• 20210207_200720.jpg
    20210207_200720.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210207_200726.jpg
    20210207_200726.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 1
Thanks, that’s just the type of thing I’m after. 

What about pumping out of the tank and I to the van? Do I just come out of the top or do I need to cut holes in bottom of tank? What’s the best pump to get?

Is it worth getting something made for storing and pumping pure or is DIY best?

Cheers again

I think you can just use a submersible pump from somewhere like screwfix and some big diameter hose. Get the biggest diameter of hose that fits the pump as it will fill faster!!! If you use an ibc tank in garden you need to cover it as sunlight will allow algae to grow in tank. Also most submersible pumps wont fit through an ibc tank lid so you will probably need to cut a flap. 

I’ve got an ibc tank and had to drop a submersible pump into it. Unfortunately it wouldn’t fit through the hole at the top so had to cut an X in the top through the hole and push the pump through. Then clear out any plastic shavings and reattach the hose back onto it. Some people glue the cut back together to keep bits out but as mines in a garage I’ve not bothered 

I think you can just use a submersible pump from somewhere like screwfix and some big diameter hose. Get the biggest diameter of hose that fits the pump as it will fill faster!!! If you use an ibc tank in garden you need to cover it as sunlight will allow algae to grow in tank. Also most submersible pumps wont fit through an ibc tank lid so you will probably need to cut a flap. 
Thanks, that’s useful feedback. Got a shady area of the garden in mind so hopefully will be able to manage the potential algae. 

Hi all,

Currently using a van mounted filtration system however am looking to start producing at home to allow me too fill the van quicker. I don’t have a driveway and it’s becoming quite awkward having hoses running out to the van etc.

Water is hard where I am (350ppm) so know that I will need RO and DI but not quite sure exactly what I need to best produce and get water to the van I.e pump etc. Was wondering if anyone could suggest a setup which would work for me?

Also worth saying that my water will be stored outside so it might be ideal to have a mobile filtration system (does that exist?) that I can get out of the shed every time I produce? 

Cheers,

Adam
Surely it wouldn't be that difficult to remove your current R/O from your van then mount it on some osb board within your shed which is what I assume your plan would be in terms of processing and storage of your storage tank once you switch over to a static set up. 

Of course that may depend on your van set up, but it would save you £700 plus, be interesting to know what current R/O set up you have in terms of supplier so better advice could be given to you. 

Back