Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Karcher water softener,crikey

Now them silly odd customers who cancel cos they got there own pole , u can send them this link and tell them they need to purify there own water also? once they see the price there **** will leak

ive had a few customers in my time tell me we dont need u now we go our own pole now???so in future ill send them this link ??

That is some price. I get a lot of phone calls from people looking to replace their softening resin. The quotes they get come in roughly at £300/£500 for a service.

After explaining to them what needs to be done they have saved themselves a fair bit of money.

Now Karcher I feel could be potentially the biggest threat to window cleaners as one day they may bring out their own domestic water fed pole system.

Unger are pushing hard for the domestic market by selling their wfp equipment through Screwfix.

These companies may be a threat in the future as they are trying to target the public to clean their own windows.

That is some price. I get a lot of phone calls from people looking to replace their softening resin. The quotes they get come in roughly at £300/£500 for a service.

After explaining to them what needs to be done they have saved themselves a fair bit of money.

Now Karcher I feel could be potentially the biggest threat to window cleaners as one day they may bring out their own domestic water fed pole system.

Unger are pushing hard for the domestic market by selling their wfp equipment through Screwfix.

These companies may be a threat in the future as they are trying to target the public to clean their own windows.
I believe Spotless Water will also soon target the diy's as they will also sell you the water. 

I agree but how many people have a squeegee and applicator and live in a bungalow but get us to clean there windows , generally they never get around to it or don’t have the time 

Just pass those customers onto me Doug I will do the service for £250:)

Wet n forget do a connect to your garden hose n clean your windows chemical n fires up i think 15-20ft

The home DIY market is the only market Unger have left for their trad tools. Why would I pay £29.99 for 10 Unger 450mm rubbers when Wintecs sell them for £19.30 plus VAT.  If I want hard and soft rubbers then Screwfix is well over priced. Would I buy rubbers in bulk from Screwfix if I was a trad cleaner? I doubt it.

Unger trad tools have been fine for us. They never seem to have made much of an impression in the wfp market.

I'm not sure that Karcher will be either. They have a different business mentality. Yes, they may be able to sell cheap DIY 'pressure' washers for home use to Joe Bloggs, but again I doubt window cleaners would buy WFP from B&Q. Home owners might be drawn in for a bit but I doubt they will make a success of wfping their own windows at height. But that's my personal opinion.

Who was it that advertised a pole, a di vessel and resin to home owners to clean their own windows? Wasn't it Brodex? I don't see many kits been sold out there whoever it was.

I agree with u 100% Karcher are clever are making new products and also good at selling there products aswell.

Not many people want to do the job themselves these days, i mean people cant be even bothered washing there own car with normal acessible tap water....  but now with window cleaning they will need to get hold of pure water, they will not want to be purifying it themselves etc,,, so does that mean they will have to buy seperate pure water to carry out the job ? It seems like a lot of headache for the customer to go looking for all the water and equipment setting up and then on top of that actually doing the labour ! ! haha

It will probably end up costing them more money in water/tools then actually hiring a window cleaner, the biggest threat to the window cleaning trade is car washes, the people who run the car washes the polish/kurdish who flout the tax system and underpay staff and hire immigrants, if these people ever jumped on the reach and wash business u would see them cleaning front and back of houses for £5.00 deals etc... ? ? , i mean a reach and wash business is way more easier and better then running a car wash from 1 location, a reach and wash business is basically like a mobile car washing business, i know one car wash bloke whos always talking top me about my business, i dont go to much in to detail... i dont think he has a clue that people get there windows done once a month... the way they are from back home they dont see things like that .... but if i told him i go to these customers houses every month and just turn up and crack on he would certainly want to jump on the bandwagon.. and once he jumps on ... several of his mates will jump on the bandwagon behind him... haha so yeah thats the biggets threat to window cleaners ?  ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with u 100% Karcher are clever are making new products and also good at selling there products aswell.

Not many people want to do the job themselves these days, i mean people cant be even bothered washing there own car with normal acessible tap water....  but now with window cleaning they will need to get hold of pure water, they will not want to be purifying it themselves etc,,, so does that mean they will have to buy seperate pure water to carry out the job ? It seems like a lot of headache for the customer to go looking for all the water and equipment setting up and then on top of that actually doing the labour ! ! haha

It will probably end up costing them more money in water/tools then actually hiring a window cleaner, the biggest threat to the window cleaning trade is car washes, the people who run the car washes the polish/kurdish who flout the tax system and underpay staff and hire immigrants, if these people ever jumped on the reach and wash business u would see them cleaning front and back of houses for £5.00 deals etc... ? ? , i mean a reach and wash business is way more easier and better then running a car wash from 1 location, a reach and wash business is basically like a mobile car washing business, i know one car wash bloke whos always talking top me about my business, i dont go to much in to detail... i dont think he has a clue that people get there windows done once a month... the way they are from back home they dont see things like that .... but if i told him i go to these customers houses every month and just turn up and crack on he would certainly want to jump on the bandwagon.. and once he jumps on ... several of his mates will jump on the bandwagon behind him... haha so yeah thats the biggets threat to window cleaners ?  ?
I disagree.....not in the posh areas I work....its took me many years to be trusted in the area...they will not entertain polish/kurd/Iranian guys working on their property!absolutely no way!

The difference is people are more fussy who they have around their property esp  wealthier customers.....its totally different than taking your car to a car wash!

Back