Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Decent good quality transfer hose

Den

Any recommendations on a good quality transfer hose 25mm internal diameter needed approx 6 metres have a couple before but them seems to split and or kink.

I can see you're after 25mm ID but, as you have a 350l tank like me, I use this 1" hose https://purefreedom.co.uk/1-tri-flex-transfer-hose-1m.html 

and this nozzle https://purefreedom.co.uk/1-polypropylene-transfer-hose-trigger-nozzle.html.

It's great for filling the tank. Disregard this if you're not intersted in 1" hose ?
Yeah have the same nozzle ?

does this hose kink, split easy have you been using this hose for long the last couple of hoses I have used either split or kink.

have used the green ribbed hose but the kept split and also this clear reinforced hose this splits and kinks.

image.jpg

does this hose kink, split easy have you been using this hose for long the last couple of hoses I have used either split or kink.

have used the green ribbed hose but the kept split and also this clear reinforced hose this splits and kinks.

View attachment 23359
I've been using 1 inch transfer hose bought from Machine Mart with a non-submersible transfer pump seven years ago. The hose is transparent and has a winding of wire within the wall to prevent kinking. The pipe is marked FX100. It doesn't kink and is as good as the day I first used it. Though it is a little bit stiff in use especially in this cold weather. I had a look at the MM online catalogue but I couldn't find it.

Edit : I just phoned my local shop and they no longer stock the one I have, sorry @Den. I was confident they'd still have it. I've Googled FX100 transfer hose as well with no luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using 1 inch transfer hose bought from Machine Mart with a non-submersible transfer pump seven years ago. The hose is transparent and has a winding of wire within the wall to prevent kinking. The pipe is marked FX100. It doesn't kink and is as good as the day I first used it. Though it is a little bit stiff in use especially in this cold weather. I had a look at the MM online catalogue but I couldn't find it.

Edit : I just phoned my local shop and they no longer stock the one I have, sorry @Den. I was confident they'd still have it. I've Googled FX100 transfer hose as well with no luck.
Thanks for the effort and time Davy ? think I have found one on eBay but still out to opinions or I will order tomorrow the ebay hose tomorrow otherwise.

Is this the hose you’ve got @Davy G ?

I bought this one last month. By far the best transfer hose I’ve seen and used.

B8C54DBD-2053-439D-A04A-0DB3CD974895.png

It's similar looking but not exactly the same. Mine is clear without any colour. Hopefully the one you got will be every bit as good. ?

Is this the hose you’ve got @Davy G ?

I bought this one last month. By far the best transfer hose I’ve seen and used.

View attachment 23367
I found that stuff ? tried variations over the years with a rigid rib and it split every time, usually sooner than you'd expect, I was at one point using 30m so I needed something that was robust and easy to store and the link I posted above is just that. 

View attachment 23359
My transfer hose runs from my IBC tank (in the back garden) through a hole in both ends of my utility room and then out the other side and then runs down the side of my driveway - to the bottom for easy filling. It's been like that since about 2014 and haven't had any splits or kinks. Mainly because it's kept straight. Well, it is doubled over on itself on the driveway but never had a problem with it.

I highly recommend it.

My transfer hose runs from my IBC tank (in the back garden) through a hole in both ends of my utility room and then out the other side and then runs down the side of my driveway - to the bottom for easy filling. It's been like that since about 2014 and haven't had any splits or kinks. Mainly because it's kept straight. Well, it is doubled over on itself on the driveway but never had a problem with it.

I highly recommend it.
That’s the hard thing for me keeping it straight (no puns please ?) Ihave coil my hose due to the Ibc tank in a small keter shed, do you think this would be ok coiled is a small space? 

That’s the hard thing for me keeping it straight (no puns please ?) Ihave coil my hose due to the Ibc tank in a small keter shed, do you think this would be ok coiled is a small space? 
It would be fine. It is heavy duty hose and I've driven over it lots of times. Most days when I back on to the drive, I go over it. It's quite a heavy hose though, certainly not lightweight, once it's filled with water. Especially as you use the nozzle like I do. I use 2x15m of it, connected by Pure Freedom's 1" to 1" hose connector. (I also use it with Pure Freedom's submersible 1" transfer pump (god, I sound like a PF advert! ? ).

I have a little bit spare and could cut a bit off and send it to you, if you want to take a look at it? I know you want to get it ordered soon though. 

Let me know ?

P.S. I'll put up a pic in a sec.

I found that stuff ? tried variations over the years with a rigid rib and it split every time, usually sooner than you'd expect, I was at one point using 30m so I needed something that was robust and easy to store and the link I posted above is just that. 
It isn’t as ribbed as the normal black one from garden shops etc I normally buy, the last one that spilt last week lasted just under 2 years. 

But this green one is smooth on the outside, rather than a uneven ribbed feel. And the walls of it are really thick. It weighs a lot heavier than the usual thinner black one I usually got. I feel like this will last years. But yeah we’ll see. But It does get sort of dragged down my walk way every day, 22 metres worth.

I dunno, ribbed, different colours, different sizes, they’ll be doing flavoured ones, glow in the dark ones, thin feel and extra safe ones next  ?

My last one was 25mm Id and 31mm od that’s looks twice as thick another great contender?

@wezza13Was going to order the purefreedom hose but I couldn’t sign into my account ? tried resetting password spent ages pouncing about,  so decided to go for the Amazon that @Iron Giant posted 

thanks everyone for their knowledge and input ?

@Iron GiantOnly just got around to putting the new transfer hose on extremely lightweight and flexible initial thoughts not good, but I have bent squashed and kinked with  force and it’s  just bounced straight back to shape  think I’m going to like it ?

5F23702D-5708-4769-A09E-2F098B1DDCE2.jpeg

@Iron GiantOnly just got around to putting the new transfer hose on extremely lightweight and flexible initial thoughts not good, but I have bent squashed and kinked with  force and it’s  just bounced straight back to shape  think I’m going to like it ?

View attachment 23481
Good to hear mate, it will last years without issue, far better than having to repair and replace other stuff otherwise it's a waste of money and a ? of plastic in landfill 

Back