Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Waterproof workwear


Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm looking for good hardwearing waterproof jackets, trousers, boots & gloves.

It needs to actually be waterproof as so much stuff out there stuff out there says it is but after a good many hours in good British rain, I'm soaked through ?

Can anyone recommend any decent gear?

Thanks

Edited by Yan
Link to comment

As follows 

Regatta Dover Jacket is good jacket for less than £30 it's a proper work jacket, I wear Muck Boot ankle wellies as no boots have been good enough, Gloves Skytec Argon Xtra 

Link to comment

Bush hat, Regatta Dover Jacket, lightweight Craghopper hiking trousers (very quick drying without getting all sweaty) and Armstrong work boots (treated a couple of times a year with waterproof dubbin) . Been my system for seven years and will remain so.

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

As follows 

Regatta Dover Jacket is good jacket for less than £30 it's a proper work jacket, I wear Muck Boot ankle wellies as no boots have been good enough, Gloves Skytec Argon Xtra 

Yep definitely agree with you on the gloves. Love em

Link to comment

I have 3 goretex jackets(2 bergaus and 1 north face), and a tribord sailing jacket for work...

I wear fleece lined hiking trousers from Decathlon and Caterpillar waterproof boots....

The only gloves I wear are disposable nitrile gloves...

I take a minimum of 2 jackets to work on a wet day(swap at lunchtime)..

 

In this cold weather I find the sailing jacket with a fleece underneath keeps me warm and a deerstalkers hat which fastens underneath my chin to keep my ears warm!

 

In my experience the regatta jackets are rubbish...I'd sweat like a pig in them and they d soak through after an hour or so in prolonged rain.....

Link to comment
1 minute ago, dazmond said:

I have 3 goretex jackets(2 bergaus and 1 north face), and a tribord sailing jacket for work...

I wear fleece lined hiking trousers from Decathlon and Caterpillar waterproof boots....

The only gloves I wear are disposable nitrile gloves...

I take a minimum of 2 jackets to work on a wet day(swap at lunchtime)..

 

In this cold weather I find the sailing jacket with a fleece underneath keeps me warm and a deerstalkers hat which fastens underneath my chin to keep my ears warm!

 

In my experience the regatta jackets are rubbish...I'd sweat like a pig in them and they d soak through after an hour or so in prolonged rain.....

Your experience doesn't include the Dover, I know.

Link to comment

Regatta have been rubbish for actually keeping me dry in the past....maybe theyve upped their quality these days?

Link to comment
1 minute ago, dazmond said:

Regatta have been rubbish for actually keeping me dry in the past....maybe theyve upped their quality these days?

I really can't say. I just know that I rate the Dover 5 star and I'm one fussy bugger. We get several years of sterling service from them. They are breathable and waterproof for a good days work in rain as heavy as we're prepared to work in. Which is steady but not deluge. The cut is comfortable and short enough for easy working and driving but long enough to be warm. We carry a spare in the van but have not yet needed it.

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Nicky said:

Foot wear = flip flops

If it’s pouring down just speedos

coat NA for wimps

hat old tea cosy of granny

 

Ahem! You forgot to say, "Honest!" ?

Link to comment
9 hours ago, dazmond said:

I have 3 goretex jackets(2 bergaus and 1 north face), and a tribord sailing jacket for work...

I wear fleece lined hiking trousers from Decathlon and Caterpillar waterproof boots....

The only gloves I wear are disposable nitrile gloves...

I take a minimum of 2 jackets to work on a wet day(swap at lunchtime)..

 

In this cold weather I find the sailing jacket with a fleece underneath keeps me warm and a deerstalkers hat which fastens underneath my chin to keep my ears warm!

 

In my experience the regatta jackets are rubbish...I'd sweat like a pig in them and they d soak through after an hour or so in prolonged rain.....

I have tried expensive waterproof jackets over the years and they get trashed and leak, they never have the tribord ones in my size, I do very much prefer a work jacket with my logo on rather than an ordinary jacket,

I prefer to layer up with correct lightweight layers if wearing a fleece under the dover jacket you would sweat like a pig in no time, I couldn't consider wearing fleece lined trousers either as I would be sweating when working. I wore my dover jacket through heavy rain showers last Friday as it rained most of the day, only around the cuffs got wet through which I didn't notice until I got home. 

Edited by Iron Giant
correction
  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

I have tried expensive waterproof jackets over the years and they get trashed and leak, they never have the tribord ones in my size, I do very much prefer a work jacket with my logo on rather than an ordinary jacket,

I prefer to layer up with correct lightweight layers if wearing a fleece under the dover jacket you would sweat like a pig in no time, I couldn't consider wearing fleece lined trousers either as I would be sweating when working. I wore my dover jacket through heavy rain showers last Friday as it rained most of the day, only around the cuffs got wet through which I didn't notice until I got home. 

Is this the one? https://www.regatta.com/men-s-dover-waterproof-insulated-jacket-navy/

I was considering purchasing one a while back. 

Link to comment

I bought these https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/durable-waterproof-trousers-500/_/R-p-144363 just arrived today and they seem very good quality, I'll try them out tomorrow and update over the next week

I've always found the ones for hunting are better made, my preferred Deerhunters are quite pricey these days at £90 a pair so thought for £25.00 this could be quite good going off the reviews. 

Link to comment

But Na, I’ve got Helly Hansen. Best water proof coats on the market, I’ve been working outside since 2008, tried most. 

Link to comment
6 minutes ago, RWCleaning said:

But Na, I’ve got Helly Hansen. Best water proof coats on the market, I’ve been working outside since 2008, tried most. 

Womens with a pink trim by any chance. ?

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept