Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterproof workwear

Yan

Hi, I'm looking for good hardwearing waterproof jackets, trousers, boots & gloves.

It needs to actually be waterproof as so much stuff out there stuff out there says it is but after a good many hours in good British rain, I'm soaked through ?

Can anyone recommend any decent gear?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
As follows 

Regatta Dover Jacket is good jacket for less than £30 it's a proper work jacket, I wear Muck Boot ankle wellies as no boots have been good enough, Gloves Skytec Argon Xtra 

Bush hat, Regatta Dover Jacket, lightweight Craghopper hiking trousers (very quick drying without getting all sweaty) and Armstrong work boots (treated a couple of times a year with waterproof dubbin) . Been my system for seven years and will remain so.

I have 3 goretex jackets(2 bergaus and 1 north face), and a tribord sailing jacket for work...

I wear fleece lined hiking trousers from Decathlon and Caterpillar waterproof boots....

The only gloves I wear are disposable nitrile gloves...

I take a minimum of 2 jackets to work on a wet day(swap at lunchtime)..

In this cold weather I find the sailing jacket with a fleece underneath keeps me warm and a deerstalkers hat which fastens underneath my chin to keep my ears warm!

In my experience the regatta jackets are rubbish...I'd sweat like a pig in them and they d soak through after an hour or so in prolonged rain.....

I have 3 goretex jackets(2 bergaus and 1 north face), and a tribord sailing jacket for work...

I wear fleece lined hiking trousers from Decathlon and Caterpillar waterproof boots....

In this cold weather I find the sailing jacket with a fleece underneath keeps me warm and a deerstalkers hat which fastens underneath my chin to keep my ears warm!

In my experience the regatta jackets are rubbish...I'd sweat like a pig in them and they d soak through after an hour or so in prolonged rain.....
Your experience doesn't include the Dover, I know.

Regatta have been rubbish for actually keeping me dry in the past....maybe theyve upped their quality these days?
I really can't say. I just know that I rate the Dover 5 star and I'm one fussy bugger. We get several years of sterling service from them. They are breathable and waterproof for a good days work in rain as heavy as we're prepared to work in. Which is steady but not deluge. The cut is comfortable and short enough for easy working and driving but long enough to be warm. We carry a spare in the van but have not yet needed it.

I have tried expensive waterproof jackets over the years and they get trashed and leak, they never have the tribord ones in my size, I do very much prefer a work jacket with my logo on rather than an ordinary jacket,

I prefer to layer up with correct lightweight layers if wearing a fleece under the dover jacket you would sweat like a pig in no time, I couldn't consider wearing fleece lined trousers either as I would be sweating when working. I wore my dover jacket through heavy rain showers last Friday as it rained most of the day, only around the cuffs got wet through which I didn't notice until I got home. 

I have tried expensive waterproof jackets over the years and they get trashed and leak, they never have the tribord ones in my size, I do very much prefer a work jacket with my logo on rather than an ordinary jacket,

I prefer to layer up with correct lightweight layers if wearing a fleece under the dover jacket you would sweat like a pig in no time, I couldn't consider wearing fleece lined trousers either as I would be sweating when working. I wore my dover jacket through heavy rain showers last Friday as it rained most of the day, only around the cuffs got wet through which I didn't notice until I got home. 
Is this the one? https://www.regatta.com/men-s-dover-waterproof-insulated-jacket-navy/

I was considering purchasing one a while back. 

image.png

Bought these "waterproof" gloves. from Safteygloves.co.uk.

Unfortunately hands were wet after 5 mins. 

The first cloth I wrung out I was wet.

Tried a second pair with a pole & again soaked in no time at all.

Anyone else had problems with these?

Anyone found any "truely" waterproof gloves?

Back