Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Min Temperature to operate pump and resin.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Becky D

Hello all. Obviously with the weather. I'm concerned with knackering the pump or the resin if it's too cold ( using the water straight from the outside tap ? Temp is about 0c. Is this right ? Thank You

Provided the water is liquid it won’t pose a problem for the pump the colder the water is the “ thicker” it will be so you might need to re  calibrate your controller , as for the resin as far as Ime aware cold water won’t hurt it but obviously don’t let the vessel freeze as it could damage it . 

The problem is the water freezing so anywhere close to zero and you might get trouble!!! Your tap water is probably about 6DegC so you might be OK but if it does freeze you might break the pump or maybe even resin vessel. If you can bring them inside overnight or at minimum try and wrap them up and insulate them from the ground.

I know the water in my van tank is froze rock solid. Its about a third full. Not surprised as hasn't really risen above freezing all week. I couldnt keep a heater in there all that time. I had closed off the tank outlet and ran the pump, brought reel and leisure battery indoors and covered pump with quilt ( though that is probably pointless at this stage with the length of time) Hopefully all will be fine when I try and start it all next week.

Latest Posts

Back