Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice om recording round... How do you guys do it?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all

Just to say beforehand, I've been window cleaning for around 11 years and have a large, healthy round. I'm just asking round to see how others are recording their rounds, ie, date done, address, how much the job's worth, whether they owe for previous cleans. I currently just keep a list of the people who owe me money, but as the round gets larger and larger I'm worried that my memory of things will eventually let me down. 

So how do you guys do it?

Thanks in advance

N

You need proper records. If HMRC pull you in I doubt you could sit there and from memory give them all the information they need. If you look further down it’s been asked several times. 
Gav has provided an excel sheet you can use. 
mother software some use. Cleaner planner, squeegee, Aworka. These all cost monthly fees. 
Myself I use excel sheets. Just costs time no monthly fee?

Jango said:
You need proper records. If HMRC pull you in I doubt you could sit there and from memory give them all the information they need. If you look further down it’s been asked several times. 
mother software some use. Cleaner planner, squeegee, Aworka. These all cost monthly fees. 

Hi all

Just to say beforehand, I've been window cleaning for around 11 years and have a large, healthy round. I'm just asking round to see how others are recording their rounds, ie, date done, address, how much the job's worth, whether they owe for previous cleans. I currently just keep a list of the people who owe me money, but as the round gets larger and larger I'm worried that my memory of things will eventually let me down. 

So how do you guys do it?

Thanks in advance

N
We use spread sheets , Ime a technology dinosaur and don’t  want to be reliant on a 3 rd party for storing my customers details ,  it works fine and we have over 4,000 customers ???

We use spread sheets , Ime a technology dinosaur and don’t  want to be reliant on a 3 rd party for storing my customers details ,  it works fine and we have over 4,000 customers ???
I may have to pick your brain on this subject in a few weeks @Pjj

I've only just started ,I'm using the excel sheet I got off here. Seems to be good enough for me. I update it with new customers, it gives next clean date,and what's owed.  Thanks Gavin.

I use excel too! I've created the file from scratch. It automatically generates next due date has all relevant information on. Can sort worksheets and invoices through it. Can use on the phone too.. And it's free

I use a spreadsheet......first row the name of  Road, under that each row house numbers ..... Second row name of person.....Third row how often 6 or 8 weeks....Forth row price......Fifth row  i put date house or job is done This can be tipxed and changed each month. Then when sheets get a bit old or new customers added in pen can re print after adding new work. 

I use excel too! I've created the file from scratch. It automatically generates next due date has all relevant information on. Can sort worksheets and invoices through it. Can use on the phone too.. And it's free
You wouldn't by any chance care to share an example with customer data blanked would you? Cheers

Can I see this spreadsheet?

I can honestly say the time I save by using cleaner planner is well worth the monthly fee.

I used to use spreadsheets, with print outs getting handed back and forth between employees.

Now with cleaner planner, everything is downloaded onto our phones, allot less clerical errors, its also all backed up, and all the updating customer records is done as you go, rather than at night. 

I also use go cardless through it, and collect payment from about a quarter of my customers by direct debit. This means I no longer do evening collections, which saves me a few hours every week.

If I am on holiday, I can also sent txt messages to all my customers at once, through txt local, which is another integrated option. This was massive at the lockdown, we closed for 6 weeks, and all my customers were notified the day after boris johnstone announcement, and I didn't have to stress about it.

I can honestly say the time I save by using cleaner planner is well worth the monthly fee.

I used to use spreadsheets, with print outs getting handed back and forth between employees.

Now with cleaner planner, everything is downloaded onto our phones, allot less clerical errors, its also all backed up, and all the updating customer records is done as you go, rather than at night. 

I also use go cardless through it, and collect payment from about a quarter of my customers by direct debit. This means I no longer do evening collections, which saves me a few hours every week.

If I am on holiday, I can also sent txt messages to all my customers at once, through txt local, which is another integrated option. This was massive at the lockdown, we closed for 6 weeks, and all my customers were notified the day after boris johnstone announcement, and I didn't have to stress about it.
I see that text local and Mailchimp seem to be extra or is it included in there membership? if so that's great! if not due you know what the cost you pay is?

I see that text local and Mailchimp seem to be extra or is it included in there membership? if so that's great! if not due you know what the cost you pay is?
They have a teams package which is £49pm, but if you don't have employees the pro package is £29pm, both include txtlocal and cleaner planner integration.

I have used them for a couple of years now, and pay a bit less that there current package prices, £25pm. 

I think they have really taken off, so charge a bit than they did a few year back, but still less than it would cost me to pay staff to do the work it saves me doing.

They have a teams package which is £49pm, but if you don't have employees the pro package is £29pm, both include txtlocal and cleaner planner integration.

I have used them for a couple of years now, and pay a bit less that there current package prices, £25pm. 

I think they have really taken off, so charge a bit than they did a few year back, but still less than it would cost me to pay staff to do the work it saves me doing.
thank you ?

Back