Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Builders Clean Advise

Neil.. Lancashire

Needs some advice on a new big development.  We have the contract for this site when up and running. I would normally run a mile from this builders clean but they have been let down and they can put a lot work are way. It's been about 7 years since I last did a builders clean.  Its got the normal stickers on and mortar plus some white cloudy stains on the glass. any recommendation on products that you have used.

Any help appreciated 

RUN,RUN,RUN!

I haven't done any in about 10 years but possibly use ubik 1000 ,unger rub out,Sticky stuff remover.

A good scratch waiver and state your terms very, very  clear.

The last two I did where a nightmare to get paid from unless you are short of work and have a lot of space to fill in your diary they really aren't worth the hassle.

Needs some advice on a new big development.  We have the contract for this site when up and running. I would normally run a mile from this builders clean but they have been let down and they can put a lot work are way. It's been about 7 years since I last did a builders clean.  Its got the normal stickers on and mortar plus some white cloudy stains on the glass. any recommendation on products that you have used.

Any help appreciated 
I do a lot of builders cleans and I mostly just sponge down the frames and if there’s any stickers or labels peel them off the glass keep scraping cement minimal the new glass is fairly hard to scratch they say anyway I don’t really use rub out or the like products unless there’s something that really needs breaking down. I had one the other day where the painters had sprayed tiny paint spots over every window glass and frames I just went at it with a sponge.. but yer I guess I would say rub  out or similar products a friend of mine said he uses nail varnish remover type stuff for sticky stuff.. good luck! ?

RUN,RUN,RUN!

I haven't done any in about 10 years but possibly use ubik 1000 ,unger rub out,Sticky stuff remover.

A good scratch waiver and state your terms very, very  clear.

The last two I did where a nightmare to get paid from unless you are short of work and have a lot of space to fill in your diary they really aren't worth the hassle.
Thank for that.

I've just got in with this housing association and there happy to pay good prices so far and can put a lot of work are way, and its are site after its completed so want to help them out of a tight spot there in. people are moving in in 10 days and works still on going. its been a nightmare for them so far with one developer going bust and its 10 months behind its completion date.

I have had a word with them to manage there expectation's, and its going to be put in writing so there no misunderstanding. 

I do a lot of builders cleans and I mostly just sponge down the frames and if there’s any stickers or labels peel them off the glass keep scraping cement minimal the new glass is fairly hard to scratch they say anyway I don’t really use rub out or the like products unless there’s something that really needs breaking down. I had one the other day where the painters had sprayed tiny paint spots over every window glass and frames I just went at it with a sponge.. but yer I guess I would say rub  out or similar products a friend of mine said he uses nail varnish remover type stuff for sticky stuff.. good luck! ?
Cheers Matt.

Personally wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole , have done loads in the past but just don’t want to do them and can earn better money on regular window cleans I would look at canvassing for  regular work rather than take this on , sorry if it’s not what you want to hear .

I do a lot of builders cleans.

Soak the stickers down with soapy water and use your window scraper (in one direction) to get them off.

I also find those non scratch white spong pads you get in Tesco really good with loads of suds.

Once I get all the stubborn bits of , I then just clean as I usually would.

You can get through it really fast once you get a rytham going.

Back