Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spare parts for di vessel please.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Becky D

Afternoon everyone. Just snapped this off my vessel. Gluing it works but soon comes off again. Do I just need to replace the black lid or the whole black top part ? 

Thank You

16131332743244945573066719691158.jpg

@Pjj They do just screw out yes. It’s fairly obvious for anyone to see if they actually had a look and used some initiative before posting every little question on here, then disappearing until they break something else ? I’m going to leave people to figure basic things out themselves now. 

Usually the male fitting screws into the riser head so it should unscrew ??? Can you post a picture of ware it’s  broken  off from 
Yes I've seen some di vessel looks like they screw in from the hose lock fitting. These look pre glued or something ? Thank You everyone

16131350528996541769704284522185.jpg

Yes I've seen some di vessel looks like they screw in from the hose lock fitting. These look pre glued or something ? Thank You everyone

View attachment 23403
Now we can see that angle it looks like it's screwed in with some ptfe tape (screwfix or toolstation for ptfe tape probably 50p) wrapped round it to seal. OK so you think you need a new head so what have you to loose by trying to get the broken bit out. Use some decent mole grips or pliers on the broken bit and try and unscrew it. It should come out relatively easily. 

They do un screw : ) . Didn't want to break the whole di tube or something. Now anyone know what our is exactly called please. Male fitting for di vessel or something ?

Thanks

View attachment 23405
You can buy that fitting in any diy store or garden centre take the good one with you as a pattern so you get the right one it’s a male hose lock with male threads . Make sure you put PTFE tape on them as they will leak if you don’t  

Buy two and put one in your tool box. It'll probably be there till the day you retire but if you ever do break another you will glad to have it.

Back