Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help Pure water Di/Ro query

Top Glass

Hi all

I am a newbie and i hope you can tolerate my potential stupidity. 

I have been looking all over the forum and YT etc etc but I have been unable to find whatever I'm looking for so I hope it's OK to write a new thread. 

I have just started up and i have purchased a gardiner back pack with 6 25l containers. I have a ro and di system which i use to fill up the containers and then pop into my car. 

At the moment i am just doing Saturday work whilst i build my client base however now looking more long term I'm trying to figure out my options which I hope someone can help me with. 

I have a very small garden so it is difficulty to house a 1000ltr water tank to purify the water at home and then transfer into a van.

My question is are you able to Just put tap water into a van mounted system and let the inbuilt ro/di do its work or do you need to purify before transferring? 

Only reason I'm asking this is because of the waste water im producing and if this is practical? 

This may be a really silly question but my head is frazzled. 

Does anyone else have a small garden and how do you go about it? 

I don't want this to put me off there must be ways around it 

I hope this makes sense haha 

Thanks for reading 

Hi all

I have been looking all over the forum and YT etc etc but I have been unable to find whatever I'm looking for so I hope it's OK to write a new thread. 

I have just started up and i have purchased a gardiner back pack with 6 25l containers. I have a ro and di system which i use to fill up the containers and then pop into my car. 

At the moment i am just doing Saturday work whilst i build my client base however now looking more long term I'm trying to figure out my options which I hope someone can help me with. 

I have a very small garden so it is difficulty to house a 1000ltr water tank to purify the water at home and then transfer into a van.

My question is are you able to Just put tap water into a van mounted system and let the inbuilt ro/di do its work or do you need to purify before transferring? 

Only reason I'm asking this is because of the waste water im producing and if this is practical? 

Thanks for reading 

You could fill your tank with tap water and double di it , but TDS around Bristol is 370-470 so you need an ro that’s not practical to process water from the van tank , only other option would be to buy water from a spotless filling station if there is one near by . 

Thanks for the response. I did think about a double di but as you said the water unfortunately is very hard. 

We do have a spotless here in Bristol which I could use. But thanks for making it clear the tap water straight into the van won't be an option. 

I may be able to squeeze in a 350l upright somewhere in my garden but would also need to think about how to house it and keep the components warm in this weather.

Don’t think you fill the tank with tap water and produce pure from that though ??? I think it has filtration and you put your garden hose on it and pure goes into the tank ??? I stand to be corrected but think that’s what that is . 

Thanks for the response. I did think about a double di but as you said the water unfortunately is very hard. 

We do have a spotless here in Bristol which I could use. But thanks for making it clear the tap water straight into the van won't be an option. 

I may be able to squeeze in a 350l upright somewhere in my garden but would also need to think about how to house it and keep the components warm in this weather.
Can you have the filters in the van and just fill your tank each night for the next day ?? That’s what most do .

Can you have the filters in the van and just fill your tank each night for the next day ?? That’s what most do .
So just open the van door and connect the hose up and let it run? would be abit worried about leaving my van doors open around this area haha! 

Don’t think you fill the tank with tap water and produce pure from that though ??? I think it has filtration and you put your garden hose on it and pure goes into the tank ??? I stand to be corrected but think that’s what that is . 
The one I linked to was RO + DI version so should be fine to produce pure into the tank. I think you hook up hose to the built in ro and then have waste house out and the out of the ro goes through di to tank. So self contained system. Don't think it comes with auto shutoff though so that would need to be added.

So just open the van door and connect the hose up and let it run? would be abit worried about leaving my van doors open around this area haha! 
No you have underports with hose fittings under the van to fill and take waist out of the filtration van doors are shut and locked 

Thank for this. This has been a great help. 

makes sense with Just using the van. Was confusing myself because of all the video's on YT of all these insane set ups people have in garages etc 

Hi all

I have been looking all over the forum and YT etc etc but I have been unable to find whatever I'm looking for so I hope it's OK to write a new thread. 

I have just started up and i have purchased a gardiner back pack with 6 25l containers. I have a ro and di system which i use to fill up the containers and then pop into my car. 

At the moment i am just doing Saturday work whilst i build my client base however now looking more long term I'm trying to figure out my options which I hope someone can help me with. 

Only reason I'm asking this is because of the waste water im producing and if this is practical? 

Thanks for reading 
If you have an ro/di system installed in the van then yes it will produce pure water in your van  same as a static system in your garden/shed or garage would.. obviously you will still have waste water coming out of your van port same way you have waste coming out of your garden system 

Hi all

Thanks for reading 
All depends on your situation if it’s not practical to make it in your garden and your able to get a hose to your van system to fill up of an evening or afternoon when you get home then maybe that’s the way to go for you.

If you park on the street a van mounted R/O won't be an option as you will need to run hose pipe out to the van for hours and you also need somewhere for the waste to go which isn't down a street surface drain, 

I had a small pent roof shed which was custom made over 10 years ago not quite as wide as a small double wardrobe and but quite a bit deeper this housed a 350ltr water butt and my 450gpd R/O I insulated it with foil bubble wrap and had electric going into it from an outdoor socket, you don't need a 1000ltr ibc 

20191020_072941.jpg

I'm off street and use an upright 400lt tank in the garden, covered in tarp. I have a ro/Di installed under my kitchen sink, pipes fed through the wall, with waste water straight into outside drain. I've lagged the pipes for cold weather. My 400 tank is used to fill 25lt barrels, filled stacked and covered. None have frozen, even this week, but bring barrels in overnight if really cold for following day use. Sack truck to take to car.

In all I keep 400lt filled (takes about 9hours for full fill with pump on ro system) with 18x25ltr barrels in rotation. 8 in the car for a working day, most houses I do wfp for upstairs only, using a backpack trolly system. Downstairs trad, still find this quicker. Using about 5-7 barrels a day with a fairly high flow for easy rinse. It's a system I've been using for about 9 months and find it works fab. 

Side note- I use a submersible pump to fill multiple barrels. Transfers full 400lts in minutes, each barrel takes about 2mins each if using gravity flow direct from 400lt. 

Back