Hot water problem

TimsScrims

scottish cleaning service

The way I see it, buy a £10k system and then penny pinch on the servicing. 🤔

Making good money now and I want to keep it that way so i don't mind giving them a turn. Any problems and they are just at the end of a phone call or email. I don't have a business without my system so I want to take care of it. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TimsScrims

• Pjj

• Part Timer

• scottish cleaning service

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If they batteries have dropped to 10.0 they are probably ******. 

£60 (£72) for 5 minutes work to plug in a laptop to the diagnostics lead. I need to review my prices

Antifreeze will stop damage to the boiler, hot water pump and the header tank. But it won't save the heat exchangers. Each heat exchanger is divided into the internal heat circuit (with antifreeze) an

Posted Images

15 hours ago, TimsScrims said:

Does anyone use their hot water just half the year? Finding im using a lot of diesel when used so was thinkin of just using it from oct-march. Or is that bad to leave the burner not used for so long at a time? 
And how often should a webasto diesel burner be professionally serviced? I was told around 2-2.5 years. 

i use hot water all year round every day....i only put around £100-£120 a month in diesel in my van(this is both for running the van and heater)so around £25-£30 a week....

ive had my burner and glow pin changed once in 3 years and a bit of pipework altered...it cost me around £430 including VAT and labour.thats it.....

Its all the proverbial horses for courses.

@Pjj's heater has done well before it needed repair. The cost of repairs was nearly the price of a new boiler. Whilst my inner self compells me to repair what I have rather than buy a brand new replacement, unfortunately logic tells me that sometimes in this modern world I have to follow logic.

If you want to service your boiler every year then that's up to you. If you want to run it until it stops or shows signs of future failure (excessive smoke when starting up) then that's also fine. I'm a believer in that if its working then leave it alone. It isn't like a car that needs a regular oil change.

Many years ago in the motor trade there was a feeling even among mechanics. that once you strip an engine down for repair, it's never the same after that.

10 hours ago, spruce said:

@Pjj's heater has done well before it needed repair. The cost of repairs was nearly the price of a new boiler. Whilst my inner self compells me to repair what I have rather than buy a brand new replacement, unfortunately logic tells me that sometimes in this modern world I have to follow logic.

If you want to service your boiler every year then that's up to you. If you want to run it until it stops or shows signs of future failure (excessive smoke when starting up) then that's also fine. I'm a believer in that if its working then leave it alone. It isn't like a car that needs a regular oil change.

Many years ago in the motor trade there was a feeling even among mechanics. that once you strip an engine down for repair, it's never the same after that.

I wonder if we will begin to witness more plane engines going on fire due to their lack of use 🤔 I'll be waiting a year till they have all been run in again just incase.

10 hours ago, spruce said:

The funny thing is it still worked out cheaper than having it serviced every year as it was 6:5 years old they quote around £400 plus VAT for an annual service ,so servicing costs for that time would be over £2400 plus vat , I could buy two new heaters for that .

26 minutes ago, Pjj said:

The funny thing is it still worked out cheaper than having it serviced every year as it was 6:5 years old they quote around £400 plus VAT for an annual service ,so servicing costs for that time would be over £2400 plus vat , I could buy two new heaters for that .

Aye, but oliver won't make any money from you 🤣 and will need to ask for seconds.

55 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I wonder if we will begin to witness more plane engines going on fire due to their lack of use 🤔 I'll be waiting a year till they have all been run in again just incase.

It was a Pratt and Whitney engine - they were years behind Rolls in their turbine blades. Those high bypass fan blades don't half take some load. I am sure here is an inspection procedure to bring engines back into use after being stood idle for a long time. In fact I seem to remember that they have to be 'turned over' on a monthly basis if they are standing. Sounds like inspections haven't been carried out well enough, maybe too many staff on furlough!

2 minutes ago, ched999uk said:

It was a Pratt and Whitney engine - they were years behind Rolls in their turbine blades. Those high bypass fan blades don't half take some load. I am sure here is an inspection procedure to bring engines back into use after being stood idle for a long time. In fact I seem to remember that they have to be 'turned over' on a monthly basis if they are standing. Sounds like inspections haven't been carried out well enough, maybe too many staff on furlough!

I don't like becoming a Guinea pig so I'll be holidaying at home or working through it. 😉 It must be bad, I heard lyanair lost 800 mill. 😆

3 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I don't like becoming a Guinea pig so I'll be holidaying at home or working through it. 😉 It must be bad, I heard lyanair lost 800 mill. 😆

I'm booked for June 14th and if allowed I'm off. Flew around the world, as a very young child, in the 60's and if I survived that I'm fairly certain a 3 and a half hour flight today is a cake walk.

Feels like I've worked for 6 months without a break.

2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

I'm booked for June 14th and if allowed I'm off. Flew around the world, as a very young child, in the 60's and if I survived that I'm fairly certain a 3 and a half hour flight today is a cake walk.

Feels like I've worked for 6 months without a break.

Ware are you off to ???

3 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Kassiopi again, loads of bars and restaurants,  my type of holiday.

Jolly good Ime quite envious 😂😂 lovely place we have been to Corfu many times we had friends that lived the for  several years but have now moved back to the uk . We haven’t booked anything at the moment just waiting to see how everything pans out , might go somewhere in September, thinking about kefalonia again 😎😎😎