Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Renting out van

DrGonzoSnr

Has anyone here rented out there van with system? 

I'm thinking about doing so at the weekends when I don't use it and just wanted to get an idea on price. 

I would provide it with 500 l pure water and get them to top up the diesel. 

Has anyone here rented out there van with system? 

I'm thinking about doing so at the weekends when I don't use it and just wanted to get an idea on price. 

I would provide it with 500 l pure water and get them to top up the diesel. 
My concern would be people seeing the other person in your van picking up potential work ,or doing a bad job and people then thinking it’s you or an employee , also what happens if the damage or right the van off ??? How are you going to insure it ??? More questions than answers , I feel it’s a bad move , sorry .??

My concern would be people seeing the other person in your van picking up potential work ,or doing a bad job and people then thinking it’s you or an employee , also what happens if the damage or right the van off ??? How are you going to insure it ??? More questions than answers , I feel it’s a bad move , sorry .??
I'll figure out the insurance issue. 

The guy does large commercial jobs at the weekend, my market is domestic.

Problem is if he breaks something then you lose a days work fixing it!!! If he crashed it then you lose more than a days work!! I assume your van isn't sign written?
I wasn't asking for a discussion of the cons of this idea. 

Please ignore the question if nobody wants to answer it!

You could be on to something there. Last november. My van broke down on friday the 13th ha ha and It was off the road for two weeks. I would have loved to have been able to hire a van out but was forced to use my car, a Toyota celica so hardly the most practical of vehicles. I managed to do some of the jobs by tradding it and was able to do a gutter clear on a bungelow but I reckon I lost a couple of grand in lost earnings.

I reckon it could be better to have a spare van purely for that purpose and then your own wouldn`t get messed up but it`s a heck of lot to think about. How would you price it per day? You would want to make it cheap enough to make it a logical option so people can still make a enough money but not to cheap as you want to be able to cover expenses like tax, insurance, maintenence and for the days its not being used.

I would just have the van with a tank battery pump and controller. Keep it as simple as you can. The custy could provide the rest. Less things to damage or go missing.
Exactly what I would do. It's just a delivery system so nothing to go wrong. The guy has a portable unit so I said he would have to use his own poles as these are easy to damage. 

Exactly what I would do. It's just a delivery system so nothing to go wrong. The guy has a portable unit so I said he would have to use his own poles as these are easy to damage. 
Oh I see. I didn't realize that you already had someone lined up to use it. It's a good idea but like someone said earlier if he smashes it up or something you are going to be hit hard in the pocket.

It would be better to have it as a spare van I reckon then you could hire it out 7 days a week and make a lot more money from it. It all depends on having the finances and enough space on you driveway for another vehicle. Plus seeing if there is enough interest out there to make it viable.

IMO it's a crazy idea....my van is my pride and joy,my one man money making cleaning machine!??

If you cant make enough money in this game working mon-fri then your doing something drastically wrong....

No way would I let anyone else drive it!

I dont even let my missus drive it!?

Back