Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Adding two man set up

Cris78

Current I have a one man set up (made by Bailey’s). The wife has started helping out a couple of days a week using the gardiner back pack which works ok but it’s a bit of a fiddle. 
I’d like to add a second pump etc. I can get it done at baileys but it’s miles away so wondered if I could do it myself?

Is there a guide anywhere? What do I need? Pump, controller etc. Do I need to drill another hole in the tank or do you take a feed off the hose pre pump? 

or the fact I’m asking these questions shows I should leave well alone lol
thanks

Ok thanks that makes sense. Is there a standard size used cor these set up’s or would I need to measure the internal diameter of the hose to know what size T to get? Would this supply both pumps equally not favour the first one?

Ok thanks that makes sense. Is there a standard size used cor these set up’s or would I need to measure the internal diameter of the hose to know what size T to get? Would this supply both pumps equally not favour the first one?
Always best to measure as some use different sizes. As for favouring 1 pump over the other using a tee should be fine. I would guess your pipe out of tank is 12.5mm ish so if you think about it even using 8mm bore reel hose that's a lot smaller volume than 12.5mm. 

Only thing to watch is how fast your tank goes down using 2 pumps ? 

tee off tank outlet then just duplicate what you have.
Here is my tank on an 04 plate Citroen Relay I purchased 12 years ago @Cris78.

The outlet is 1/2" as is the plastic clear reinforced hose to the pumps. I purchased some 1/2" T hose barbs and fitted them as per the photo originally to a 51 plate Citroen Relay.

We had and still have Varistream controllers and can easily run one at full pelt (boost on the controller) and the other at 5 or approx 50 on a Spring controller without an issue.

I did read somewhere that I should have both pipes to each pump the same length but mine aren't. I am still using the same tee arrangement on my current van using those same T pieces.

Various june 2016 068a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back