Jump to content

Anthracite window frames.


Markwww

Recommended Posts

Hello all I was wondering if you could advise how to clean render stains from anthracite window and door frames. 
 

I know it cannot be abrasive or solvent based but I’ve tried warm soapy water with minimal effect. 
 

any advice would be welcome. 
 

Thanks. 
 

 

Link to post
scottish cleaning service
9 hours ago, Markwww said:

Hello all I was wondering if you could advise how to clean render stains from anthracite window and door frames. 
 

I know it cannot be abrasive or solvent based but I’ve tried warm soapy water with minimal effect. 
 

any advice would be welcome. 
 

Thanks. 
 

 

I bought some phosphoric acid to remove cement stains on Indian sandstone and it worked a treat. Brush it on and it dissolves the cement and comes up a treat. I watched a guy on utube do a video of it. 😉

Link to post
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I bought some phosphoric acid to remove cement stains on Indian sandstone and it worked a treat. Brush it on and it dissolves the cement and comes up a treat. I watched a guy on utube do a video of it. 😉

That’s in stone not window frames !!!!!! I wouldn’t want to use that on window and door frames that are plastic coated 

Link to post
9 hours ago, Pjj said:

That’s in stone not window frames !!!!!! I wouldn’t want to use that on window and door frames that are plastic coated 

Could be metal painted frames which will be just as bad, I wouldn't touch either as too high risk, cause damage and the custy want's replacement units equals £1,000's 

Link to post
scottish cleaning service
11 hours ago, Pjj said:

That’s in stone not window frames !!!!!! I wouldn’t want to use that on window and door frames that are plastic coated 

You could test a bit because its not that strong an acid. They have it it tile cleaner to remove grout on tiles. 😉

Link to post
On 17/02/2021 at 09:47, Markwww said:

Hello all I was wondering if you could advise how to clean render stains from anthracite window and door frames. 
 

I know it cannot be abrasive or solvent based but I’ve tried warm soapy water with minimal effect. 
 

any advice would be welcome. 
 

Thanks. 
 

 

Tbh I'd leave it...its not your problem....its really not worth trying to find some chemical to try and remove it...you could cause damage and the customer wont be happy anyway....

 

If it wont come off with hot water and some mild cleaning chemicals then it stays on in my book....👍😄

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

I've always taken the view that frames that have masonry paint, ivy suckers, render, overspray from fence treatment etc are ruined. Cannot be washed off with anything. Repainting is the only option if they cannot live with it and I'm not convinced that's a great solution on UPVC.

Link to post

Yeah i’ve got a property like this said to the customers straight up they’ve destroyed the frames. Same with pvc ones we have some that are covered in builders mess. Dont get involved wasting money and time trying to find a miracle cure, they are more than welcome to get the worker back in who created the problem but i aint breakin a sweat. Trying to tolish a purd is never profitable

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.