Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anthracite window frames.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Markwww

Hello all I was wondering if you could advise how to clean render stains from anthracite window and door frames. 

I know it cannot be abrasive or solvent based but I’ve tried warm soapy water with minimal effect. 

any advice would be welcome. 

Thanks. 

Hello all I was wondering if you could advise how to clean render stains from anthracite window and door frames. 

I know it cannot be abrasive or solvent based but I’ve tried warm soapy water with minimal effect. 

Thanks. 

I bought some phosphoric acid to remove cement stains on Indian sandstone and it worked a treat. Brush it on and it dissolves the cement and comes up a treat. I watched a guy on utube do a video of it. ?

That’s in stone not window frames !!!!!! I wouldn’t want to use that on window and door frames that are plastic coated 
Could be metal painted frames which will be just as bad, I wouldn't touch either as too high risk, cause damage and the custy want's replacement units equals £1,000's 

Thanks. 

Tbh I'd leave it...its not your problem....its really not worth trying to find some chemical to try and remove it...you could cause damage and the customer wont be happy anyway....

If it wont come off with hot water and some mild cleaning chemicals then it stays on in my book....??

I've always taken the view that frames that have masonry paint, ivy suckers, render, overspray from fence treatment etc are ruined. Cannot be washed off with anything. Repainting is the only option if they cannot live with it and I'm not convinced that's a great solution on UPVC.

Yeah i’ve got a property like this said to the customers straight up they’ve destroyed the frames. Same with pvc ones we have some that are covered in builders mess. Dont get involved wasting money and time trying to find a miracle cure, they are more than welcome to get the worker back in who created the problem but i aint breakin a sweat. Trying to tolish a purd is never profitable

Back