Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP cleaning/washing

handy.fox

Hi Forum,

Newbie here, looking for some advice please. 

As my name suggests, I’m a handyman starting up my business on the back of leaving my desk job for a better way!

I’m currently doing a few gutter/soffit/fascia jobs, and right now I’m just pressure washing them. 
I’ve been taking advice and some have suggested I should get a WFP and clean that way. 
Most advice is getting a spray lance extension for a pump sprayer, to spray surface cleaner on. Then rinse/scrub with the WFP (tap fed). 

I live on an estate site white-rendered houses, that are 4yrs old and are growing some nice molds, so I’m thinking I can offer some sort of softwash-style service (testing my own property first of course). 

So, I’d like some advice on this please?

Am I barking up the right or wrong tree?

What poles would do one or both jobs?

Of course, I will be using full PPE etc. 

Would appreciate any advice please. 

Thanks. 

Very much depends on your budget. There is lots on info on here, go on the soft washing section. The cheapest way will be 2 backpacks, one for chems and one for pure, and a SLX25.
Thanks for the reply. I’ve read a lot of info and I’ve confused myself royally! 
I wasn’t sure if a 25 was going to be long enough, and wondering if I need more!

Thanks though, I’ll take a look at the forum.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve read a lot of info and I’ve confused myself royally! 
I wasn’t sure if a 25 was going to be long enough, and wondering if I need more!

Thanks though, I’ll take a look at the forum.
It depends on age of buildings, if you buy the extension pack for the 25, takes it up to 35, then that will be plenty.

It depends on age of buildings, if you buy the extension pack for the 25, takes it up to 35, then that will be plenty.
Thanks (again) ?

Are there any other brands you’d trust? As you suggest, with budget in mind, Gardiner products might be overkill? But then again, if that side takes off...?‍♂️

I've not got any soft washing experience however I have lots of experience doing fascia and cleaning windows at height and what that has taught me is using cheap bendy poles is much harder and false economy.

I've not got any soft washing experience however I have lots of experience doing fascia and cleaning windows at height and what that has taught me is using cheap bendy poles is much harder and false economy.
Did my first gutter and fascia clean the other day,  soon put the CLX away n got the SLX out. Made life a lot easier.

Hi Forum,

Newbie here, looking for some advice please. 

As my name suggests, I’m a handyman starting up my business on the back of leaving my desk job for a better way!

I’m currently doing a few gutter/soffit/fascia jobs, and right now I’m just pressure washing them. 
I’ve been taking advice and some have suggested I should get a WFP and clean that way. 
Most advice is getting a spray lance extension for a pump sprayer, to spray surface cleaner on. Then rinse/scrub with the WFP (tap fed). 

I live on an estate site white-rendered houses, that are 4yrs old and are growing some nice molds, so I’m thinking I can offer some sort of softwash-style service (testing my own property first of course). 

So, I’d like some advice on this please?

Am I barking up the right or wrong tree?

What poles would do one or both jobs?

Of course, I will be using full PPE etc. 

Would appreciate any advice please. 

Thanks. 
Pressure washing GFS is a amateur approach to a pretty skilled task.

You'll be blasting water up under the soffifs tiles and possibly through the window breather vents.

Spend some time reading our helpful forum threads for the most common guidance 

Back