Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter Vacuum Systems Product Advice

Hi Guys

So as some of you will know, across social media I receive many tags on the groups within the industry to discuss our products for gutter clearing. Here on the WCF I answer queries when I am tagged so I am always happy to help and advise you, this means you're getting it straight from the horse's mouth so to speak rather than encounter misinformation. 

I thought I would do something especially for the members of this forum and and allow you to ask me any questions you like about our history, our products and the differences between the systems, the types of poles we sell, cameras, stock availability and if you're unsure which machine would be right for you - I'll help. 

We develop our products all the time behind the scenes and some things take months and months to design, test and development prior to production.
December 2019, we started to upgrade our industrial gutter vacuums to 51mm cyclonic inlets and provided the full kits with helpful installation videos on our YouTube channel, showing our customers how they too can improve the airflow and reduce blockages, this made our already great machines even better and also prompted customers with machines from other suppliers to also use the kits to benefit. 
We have since upgraded our industrials to 72mm heavy duty cyclonic inlets and now sell those kits for you too.

Constantly pushing our products to give you a better experience than that which we had years ago.  

Any questions that you would like me to help with, please do feel free to ask. 
If you haven't seen our latest, video, here it is. 

Kindest
Julia

Have you any video comparisons in suction power between the panther and predator??

i want the predator but ideally the panther with being able to have a generator would be more beneficial. I would hate to say I wish I had of gotten the predator? 

Have you any video comparisons in suction power between the panther and predator??

i want the predator but ideally the panther with being able to have a generator would be more beneficial. I would hate to say I wish I had of gotten the predator? 
The Panther and Predator are world's apart. Literally chalk and cheese.  

The Panther, a single motor machine with a 3540Lpm airflow and 37L capacity.
The Predator, a triple motor machine with a 10,750Lpm airflow and a 76L capacity, taking it up to 110L with the extender ring.

The Panther has it's place, but also has it's limitations. Above town houses if you have gutter jungles in the valleys or rooted downpipe plugs the Panther could well struggle as you could potentially be asking a lot of a single motor.  The Predator has the power in the three motors and the larger airflow to work more efficiently at height. 
It really depends on what is in the gutters.

The Panther is a great machine for those working out of a car, those with limited vehicle space due to tanks and reels or those who have a larger machine and want the smaller for easy jobs. 

For the 1400w Panther we have a Mighty Atom generator, for the 1700w Panther we will have a generator with a higher kVA. For the Predator, a generator with a minimum 5.5kVA would be required where there is no access to power. 
For the Predator, we would recommend Honda, Briggs & Stratton or Stephill. I actually have no personal use of the Bohmer AG9000 generator but I do have many Predator customers who use that and are happy with it.

You can use the Predator on the customer's ring main, starting the motors independently ensures you're not causing a 3600w surge and you're not running these machines continuously which makes them safe to run on domestics. 

Squeaky Clean Dave ran a video on his YouTube channel.  Previously his brother bought the GVS 1300w cyclonic compact from us which Dave created a review off his own back for his YouTube channel. He later purchased a Predator for himself and again made his own review.  We sent him a Panther as a thank you from us for all of the recommendations he has taken the time to provide in his own time and has personally spoken to many in the trade asking him about the equipment.  He made a video on the Panther and Predator which shows how they both have their place.

If you're looking to stay with domestics with an potential 30ft reach, the Panther is ideal. If you are looking to move up to commercials, apartments with a higher reach or you want to clear gutters faster, then you should consider a triple motor. 

If you would like to keep the costs down a little, the GVS 3000 or GVS 3600 are still excellent machines, these too have the 72mm heavy duty cyclonic inlet on them which not only increases the airflow but gives you less blockages from solids when on jobs.
https://guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/product-category/gutter-vacuum-systems-and-pole-kits/

This is the GVS 3600 in action, Dave's video a little further down.

Hope this offers you some help. I am planning on personally creating more videos in the coming months for our YouTube channel which will be helpful and informative.

Kindest
Julia

33 minutes ago, GVS Julia Martin said:

The Panther and Predator are world's apart. Literally chalk and cheese.  

The Panther, a single motor machine with a 3540Lpm airflow and 37L capacity.
The Predator, a triple motor machine with a 10,750Lpm airflow and a 76L capacity, taking it up to 110L with the extender ring.

The Panther has it's place, but also has it's limitations. Above town houses if you have gutter jungles in the valleys or rooted downpipe plugs the Panther could well struggle as you could potentially be asking a lot of a single motor.  The Predator has the power in the three motors and the larger airflow to work more efficiently at height. 
It really depends on what is in the gutters.

The Panther is a great machine for those working out of a car, those with limited vehicle space due to tanks and reels or those who have a larger machine and want the smaller for easy jobs. 

For the 1400w Panther we have a Mighty Atom generator, for the 1700w Panther we will have a generator with a higher kVA. For the Predator, a generator with a minimum 5.5kVA would be required where there is no access to power. 
For the Predator, we would recommend Honda, Briggs & Stratton or Stephill. I actually have no personal use of the Bohmer AG9000 generator but I do have many Predator customers who use that and are happy with it.

You can use the Predator on the customer's ring main, starting the motors independently ensures you're not causing a 3600w surge and you're not running these machines continuously which makes them safe to run on domestics. 

Squeaky Clean Dave ran a video on his YouTube channel.  Previously his brother bought the GVS 1300w cyclonic compact from us which Dave created a review off his own back for his YouTube channel. He later purchased a Predator for himself and again made his own review.  We sent him a Panther as a thank you from us for all of the recommendations he has taken the time to provide in his own time and has personally spoken to many in the trade asking him about the equipment.  He made a video on the Panther and Predator which shows how they both have their place.

If you're looking to stay with domestics with an potential 30ft reach, the Panther is ideal. If you are looking to move up to commercials, apartments with a higher reach or you want to clear gutters faster, then you should consider a triple motor. 

If you would like to keep the costs down a little, the GVS 3000 or GVS 3600 are still excellent machines, these too have the 72mm heavy duty cyclonic inlet on them which not only increases the airflow but gives you less blockages from solids when on jobs.
https://guttervacuumsystems.co.uk/product-category/gutter-vacuum-systems-and-pole-kits/

This is the GVS 3600 in action, Dave's video a little further down.

Hope this offers you some help. I am planning on personally creating more videos in the coming months for our YouTube channel which will be helpful and informative.

Kindest
Julia

Thanks for the informative reply!!

Is the mighty atom not capable for the new 1700 panther then ? 

what sort of dimensions are the generators required for the predator ? 

Have yous tried the new new panther and is there noticeably more suction compared to the 1300 motor ? 

Have yous tried the new new panther and is there noticeably more suction compared to the 1300 motor ? 
For the 1700 Panther a 2.75kVA would be required. The 1400 is a 10a start up and the 1700w a 12a start up. 

For dimensions of a 5.5kva generator, you’re really looking at around 70kg with a physical size of 690x480x540mm

And yes there will be a noticeably higher suction with new 1700w Panther compared to the 1300w along with a better build quality too 

On 19/02/2021 at 23:49, GVS Julia Martin said:

Hi Guys

So as some of you will know, across social media I receive many tags on the groups within the industry to discuss our products for gutter clearing. Here on the WCF I answer queries when I am tagged so I am always happy to help and advise you, this means you're getting it straight from the horse's mouth so to speak rather than encounter misinformation. 

I thought I would do something especially for the members of this forum and and allow you to ask me any questions you like about our history, our products and the differences between the systems, the types of poles we sell, cameras, stock availability and if you're unsure which machine would be right for you - I'll help. 

We develop our products all the time behind the scenes and some things take months and months to design, test and development prior to production.
December 2019, we started to upgrade our industrial gutter vacuums to 51mm cyclonic inlets and provided the full kits with helpful installation videos on our YouTube channel, showing our customers how they too can improve the airflow and reduce blockages, this made our already great machines even better and also prompted customers with machines from other suppliers to also use the kits to benefit. 
We have since upgraded our industrials to 72mm heavy duty cyclonic inlets and now sell those kits for you too.

Constantly pushing our products to give you a better experience than that which we had years ago.  

Any questions that you would like me to help with, please do feel free to ask. 
If you haven't seen our latest, video, here it is. 

Kindest
Julia

A very transparent honest and great company to deal with.

Highly recommended ? 

For the new 1700w Panther you'd require a generator rated at 3400w peak with a continuous 3200w output 

For the Predator you'd require a 5.5kva generator such as the stephill honda 

Back