Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best poles for combined wf and trad use

DannyBe

Hi everyone. I am just transitioning from trad to wfp. If you do both wfp and trad, do you use some poles in the both ways?

And if you do, poles of which materials/makes/other features do you consider best for the combined wf and trad use?

Many thanks for any experience and opinion!

What about Brodex aluminium AliGator?
OK so it's cheap but it's quite heavy. A AliG 26ft (REACH) pole is listed as 2kg. A gardiner 22ft CLX (26ft reach) is 1.4kg it is £39 (+vat) more though. A Gardiner SLX 22 is 1.27kg but it's double the price of the AliG pole.

Gardiners are probably the most popular poles and they have lots of fittings so you can buy one to use trad tools with and if necessary you can buy extensions. 

What about Brodex aluminium AliGator?
You can tell he is new to wfp. ?

Wouldn't touch anything with the Brodex name on it.

If you are going wfp then you don't need a pole that will do both. In fact, it would be a right faff on swapping a wfp pole over for a trad application and then swapping it back.

If you are going wfp then go completely wfp. We started wanting to do tops wfp and trad bottoms. Within the first 1/2 an hour I decided that all windows top and bottom would be done wfp. A few didn't like it and we parted company. These were in the old days when very few people had heard of wfp.

Now days wfp is widely known and accepted as a recognised way of cleaning windows. Yes, you will still get the old 'die hards' but we aren't here to satisfy everyone at the expense of our health.

We started with Unger Teleplus poles. I still have them on the van, mainly for an inside gym job we aren't doing now and to fit a scraper on for welded on bird strikes on high reach windows. Otherwise its carbon fibre Gardiner poles all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Part Timer @ched999uk @spruce

Many thanks for your valuable insights!
I don't know how Brodex describe their poles now, but many years ago I ordered 2 x 22' Prolong poles from them on special. When they came they weren't 22' long, they were 18' poles because Brodex then added 4' and used the operator's height as well.

They charged full retail price and when they came 3 weeks later they didn't have the spec brush they agreed to. When I complained about the price difference they challenged where I got the price from even although I had a text from them. They then invoiced me for 2 poles at the agreed special price and charged my credit card. It took me nearly 3 months to get reimbursed for the first payment they took. It was lies, lies and more lies. I eventually got my money back but it cost me.

Gardiners are my trusted pole supplier now.

I don't know how Brodex describe their poles now, but many years ago I ordered 2 x 22' Prolong poles from them on special. When they came they weren't 22' long, they were 18' poles because Brodex then added 4' and used the operator's height as well.
They are still describing poles by reach!!!! I think there are a couple of the others that do but Gardiners are by pole length.

Back