Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ro taking longer but getting tds lower???

ks789

Yes a bit confused over this. Its a 4020, with axeon membranes, and the usual pre filters (sediment and fibredine one for the chlorine etc) I used to get roughly a liter in 25 seconds, which has slowly gone up to nearly 40 seconds. The thing is, its still getting the tds down plenty low enough. I thought if its deteriorating then the tds would be higher as well as producing slower? two tds meters say the ro is getting it to 8 ( from 330 odd, our water was over 500 so thats another mystery) So really what im asking is, can my membrane be on its way out, yet still be getting the tds low as usual? just seems strange. Ive only produced about 30,000 litres of pure from the membrane by the way, but guessed because of our terrible water it wouldnt last well. ( always changed the pre-filters at correct time too) Bit tricky, but any advise, as always greatly appreciated ?

I would have thought the production rate is down to much colder water and the slower production means the water is going through the membrane slower and therefore removing more.
Good idea. has been colder. Hopefully will pick up. Mind you, ours probably take ages to warm up as I think ours is coming from underground aquifers rather than reservoirs.

Yes a bit confused over this. Its a 4020, with axeon membranes, and the usual pre filters (sediment and fibredine one for the chlorine etc) I used to get roughly a liter in 25 seconds, which has slowly gone up to nearly 40 seconds. The thing is, its still getting the tds down plenty low enough. I thought if its deteriorating then the tds would be higher as well as producing slower? two tds meters say the ro is getting it to 8 ( from 330 odd, our water was over 500 so thats another mystery) So really what im asking is, can my membrane be on its way out, yet still be getting the tds low as usual? just seems strange. Ive only produced about 30,000 litres of pure from the membrane by the way, but guessed because of our terrible water it wouldnt last well. ( always changed the pre-filters at correct time too) Bit tricky, but any advise, as always greatly appreciated ?
Which is amazing tbh. I've got a 4040 (twice the capacity of yours) and right from the start got around 2lpm of pure with fractionally over 2 lpm of waste. Water pressure 55psi atm. HF5 Axeon membrane without booster.

It is taking longer to refill my IBC tank this winter than it has before. Its been much colder and so has the tap water. I filled up my 650 liter tank the other morning. Probably put 500 liters in as there was a little in the bottom and I didn't brim it. The r/o was still filling the IBC tank when I got home later in the afternoon. It finished early evening. Its always been finished before I get home.

Which is amazing tbh. I've got a 4040 (twice the capacity of yours) and right from the start got around 2lpm of pure with fractionally over 2 lpm of waste. Water pressure 55psi atm. HF5 Axeon membrane without booster.

It is taking longer to refill my IBC tank this winter than it has before. Its been much colder and so has the tap water. I filled up my 650 liter tank the other morning. Probably put 500 liters in as there was a little in the bottom and I didn't brim it. The r/o was still filling the IBC tank when I got home later in the afternoon. It finished early evening. Its always been finished before I get home.
yeh Im quite happy with it really, considering. Currently about 19 seconds for half a liter pure and 9 seconds for half liter waste, so roughly 2 to 1. I thought my waste was less at one time, but my measuring was not too precise and 2 to 1 is more like it. The culprit being our hard water.

Has the pressure dropped and what Fiberdyne filter you using as speaking to some they were supplied with the wrong type from a supplier.

Has the pressure dropped and what Fiberdyne filter you using as speaking to some they were supplied with the wrong type from a supplier.
Hi Doug, No im using a booster and have it at roughly 90 so fair bit of pressure going in there. The prefilters I trust as bought from yourself, the pentair CFB-PLUS10, fibredyne carbon block. Does just seem strange that its slowed, yet still seems to get the tds down great. I darent push the booster any further as the waste valve would be near on closed.

How long does a 20" Fibredyne combi filter usually last? I only make a couple of thousand litres a month.
Im not sure, I use seperate sediment and then the fibredyne, both 10 inch, and the sediment is 10 or 12000 liters (waste and pure) and the fibredyne carbon block one lasts for 35000 (waste and pure)

Im not sure, I use seperate sediment and then the fibredyne, both 10 inch, and the sediment is 10 or 12000 liters (waste and pure) and the fibredyne carbon block one lasts for 35000 (waste and pure)
I think I'll be fine because I only change it every year. If I was cleaning windows all month then every 6 months to protect the RO membranes.

I think I'll be fine because I only change it every year. If I was cleaning windows all month then every 6 months to protect the RO membranes.
Yeh should be fine, I do keep a record of how much I produce, with dates. I find it handy, then you know you cant go over the limits. Also get to know roughly how much you earn for the water produced.

Yeh should be fine, I do keep a record of how much I produce, with dates. I find it handy, then you know you cant go over the limits. Also get to know roughly how much you earn for the water produced.
Wouldn't work with me as I have a full pvc clean tomorrow and use pure on my add-ons. After I PW a driveway, I will clean the front of their windows and then clean my van with the brush. Today I fixed a rotten soffit and the window was covered in the damp insulation. Usually I would give it a wipe down and be on my way but having the tank means a quick once over with the brush.

Back