Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

How far do use travel


Dt 20

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, harunh said:

U travel all over country ? 

Not all the time but I only do about 2 weeks a month locally, locally being within 30 miles. I only do about 150 residential jobs. Last week I had 3 nights in Newmarket then 2 in London.

Next month I think I have 5 or 6 nights in Newmarket again. April I have the runaround down Gosport etc for 4 or 5 nights.

May I have a week in London, Oxford, Swindon etc. Seems like loads of miles but it's only around 25k a year.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Anything within 30 miles is classed as local for me

30miles is quite far I was thinking 15miles tops 

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Dt 20 said:

30miles is quite far I was thinking 15miles tops 

It is for normal window cleaners but @Denand others, will confirm I'm anything but normal 😁

Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

It is for normal window cleaners but @Denand others, will confirm I'm anything but normal 😁

Suppose it would be worth your while mate 

Link to comment
35 minutes ago, Dt 20 said:

30miles is quite far I was thinking 15miles tops 

It all depends on the jobs and the price if the money is right we will travel anywhere in the uk for commercial work , but most domestic is within a maximum of 15 miles , most is less than 1/2 a mile from home  

Link to comment

For me it's not the distance, it's the time.  15 miles on a motorway is 15 minutes, 15 miles in the sticks could be 40 minutes.

I travel up to 15 minutes away, probably around 7 to 8 miles.

Link to comment

My furthest is about 11/12 miles, most days my work is all within 2 miles of the first job.

The day i travel 12miles to first job is a 24mile day my biggest day mileage wise is probably 30miles total.

Of my 420ish customers 300 are within 3-4miles of home

 

But have 2 commercial sites going live for me in next 5months that are 22 & 50miles away, both will be £250+ per visit and will be done same day.

Like @Part Timer says if the doughs good, i'd do the miles.

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Not all the time but I only do about 2 weeks a month locally, locally being within 30 miles. I only do about 150 residential jobs. Last week I had 3 nights in Newmarket then 2 in London.

Next month I think I have 5 or 6 nights in Newmarket again. April I have the runaround down Gosport etc for 4 or 5 nights.

May I have a week in London, Oxford, Swindon etc. Seems like loads of miles but it's only around 25k a year.

Thats actually cool as ****  , if u were wormin away everyday then it wouldnt be but now and again isnt bad

I cover within  15 miles radius

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, harunh said:

Thats actually cool as ****  , if u were wormin away everyday then it wouldnt be but now and again isnt bad

I cover within  15 miles radius

2 years ago I was getting close to full so my son rejoined me. This meant I needed to double the turnover. I now have nearly done that and by the end of this calendar year I will have more then doubled it and still have 3 or 4 days a month off.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Not all the time but I only do about 2 weeks a month locally, locally being within 30 miles. I only do about 150 residential jobs. Last week I had 3 nights in Newmarket then 2 in London.

Next month I think I have 5 or 6 nights in Newmarket again. April I have the runaround down Gosport etc for 4 or 5 nights.

May I have a week in London, Oxford, Swindon etc. Seems like loads of miles but it's only around 25k a year.

Next time your here drop me a message and we'll grab a bite to eat or a beer, i saw your message to late last time 👍

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Next time your here drop me a message and we'll grab a bite to eat or a beer, i saw your message to late last time 👍

I think I have that job I spoke to you about starting so will give you a shout.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

About 8 miles farthest, and that is not on heavy traffic routes so do not get hassle  from heavy commuter traffic on the way there or back so only take minutes.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

2 years ago I was getting close to full so my son rejoined me. This meant I needed to double the turnover. I now have nearly done that and by the end of this calendar year I will have more then doubled it and still have 3 or 4 days a month off.

Lol sounds good mate u done well , your username is correct 😜 Mr Part Timer lol 👍

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, harunh said:

Lol sounds good mate u done well , your username is correct 😜 Mr Part Timer lol 👍

I was when I started, might need to change it now.

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept