Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How far do use travel

U travel all over country ? 
Not all the time but I only do about 2 weeks a month locally, locally being within 30 miles. I only do about 150 residential jobs. Last week I had 3 nights in Newmarket then 2 in London.

Next month I think I have 5 or 6 nights in Newmarket again. April I have the runaround down Gosport etc for 4 or 5 nights.

May I have a week in London, Oxford, Swindon etc. Seems like loads of miles but it's only around 25k a year.

30miles is quite far I was thinking 15miles tops 
It all depends on the jobs and the price if the money is right we will travel anywhere in the uk for commercial work , but most domestic is within a maximum of 15 miles , most is less than 1/2 a mile from home  

For me it's not the distance, it's the time.  15 miles on a motorway is 15 minutes, 15 miles in the sticks could be 40 minutes.

I travel up to 15 minutes away, probably around 7 to 8 miles.

5.5 mile is far enough for me that's to one little estate at the top end of town most of work is in, which is over 90% of my work 

My furthest is about 11/12 miles, most days my work is all within 2 miles of the first job.

The day i travel 12miles to first job is a 24mile day my biggest day mileage wise is probably 30miles total.

Of my 420ish customers 300 are within 3-4miles of home

But have 2 commercial sites going live for me in next 5months that are 22 & 50miles away, both will be £250+ per visit and will be done same day.

Like @Part Timer says if the doughs good, i'd do the miles.

Not all the time but I only do about 2 weeks a month locally, locally being within 30 miles. I only do about 150 residential jobs. Last week I had 3 nights in Newmarket then 2 in London.

Next month I think I have 5 or 6 nights in Newmarket again. April I have the runaround down Gosport etc for 4 or 5 nights.

May I have a week in London, Oxford, Swindon etc. Seems like loads of miles but it's only around 25k a year.
Thats actually cool as ****  , if u were wormin away everyday then it wouldnt be but now and again isnt bad

I cover within  15 miles radius

Thats actually cool as ****  , if u were wormin away everyday then it wouldnt be but now and again isnt bad

I cover within  15 miles radius
2 years ago I was getting close to full so my son rejoined me. This meant I needed to double the turnover. I now have nearly done that and by the end of this calendar year I will have more then doubled it and still have 3 or 4 days a month off.

Next time your here drop me a message and we'll grab a bite to eat or a beer, i saw your message to late last time ?

About 8 miles farthest, and that is not on heavy traffic routes so do not get hassle  from heavy commuter traffic on the way there or back so only take minutes.

2 years ago I was getting close to full so my son rejoined me. This meant I needed to double the turnover. I now have nearly done that and by the end of this calendar year I will have more then doubled it and still have 3 or 4 days a month off.
Lol sounds good mate u done well , your username is correct ? Mr Part Timer lol ?

Back