Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Sky Vac Mod for pole storage

AGlassAct

As a single operator I often struggle with the poles on my sky vac, I often find it difficult to have them on hand and add them without bending down and nearly dropping the already extended sections. Had a bit of a play this morning with some left over fascia cover board I had. Used some 3/4” clips and a couple of bits of thin sheet metal to make a 90 degree bracket that clips on to the front ‘tipper’ rail. The idea was to be able to leave the bracket on but it’s not necessary so I might remake it so the poles sit in the slots a bit further adding a bit more stability when wheeling the vac around . I can now unload the vac from the van, insert the poles into each slot and wheel the vac to where I want to work from - each pole is easily accessible so I can add sections without the risk of losing control if I need to bend over to pick up the next section. It ‘should’ also prevent me from treading on them as I used to just place them on the ground or straight back in the bag. I primarily use the carbon neck so I have attached some protection tape to it so I can rest it on the wall as I’m extending. May be of use to someone else........

548A0B6E-2EF3-4ED2-ADF0-F4EE273F6B5E.jpeg

02ABB631-7F0E-4F60-831F-82E45453F818.jpeg

37350722-4AAC-4383-A004-E6B4E545438D.jpeg

0BC65207-7832-4DF8-8A26-6FDB836A328A.jpeg

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, AGlassAct said:

As a single operator I often struggle with the poles on my sky vac, I often find it difficult to have them on hand and add them without bending down and nearly dropping the already extended sections. Had a bit of a play this morning with some left over fascia cover board I had. Used some 3/4” clips and a couple of bits of thin sheet metal to make a 90 degree bracket that clips on to the front ‘tipper’ rail. The idea was to be able to leave the bracket on but it’s not necessary so I might remake it so the poles sit in the slots a bit further adding a bit more stability when wheeling the vac around . I can now unload the vac from the van, insert the poles into each slot and wheel the vac to where I want to work from - each pole is easily accessible so I can add sections without the risk of losing control if I need to bend over to pick up the next section. It ‘should’ also prevent me from treading on them as I used to just place them on the ground or straight back in the bag. I primarily use the carbon neck so I have attached some protection tape to it so I can rest it on the wall as I’m extending. May be of use to someone else........

Funny you have posted this I have been thinking about doing the same thing just not had the time we were out gutter vaccing all day yesterday we work as a two man team but it would still be an advantage to put the poles in something like you have made up . Great idear 👍

12 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Funny you have posted this I have been thinking about doing the same thing just not had the time we were out gutter vaccing all day yesterday we work as a two man team but it would still be an advantage to put the poles in something like you have made up . Great idear 👍

Took me a year to get round to it, loads of other bits to tinker with!!! Get your bits of Fascia board out @pjj !!! I’ve seen you have a stash for scraper blades!!!! 🤣

14 minutes ago, AGlassAct said:

Took me a year to get round to it, loads of other bits to tinker with!!! Get your bits of Fascia board out @pjj !!! I’ve seen you have a stash for scraper blades!!!! 🤣

I have had the new vac now for 15 months and just haven’t had the time to do anything , but your post has inspired me to come up with something 😂😂😂 watch this space 😂😂

On 20/02/2021 at 22:29, AGlassAct said:

Quality idea, very clever.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.