Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sky Vac Mod for pole storage

AGlassAct

As a single operator I often struggle with the poles on my sky vac, I often find it difficult to have them on hand and add them without bending down and nearly dropping the already extended sections. Had a bit of a play this morning with some left over fascia cover board I had. Used some 3/4” clips and a couple of bits of thin sheet metal to make a 90 degree bracket that clips on to the front ‘tipper’ rail. The idea was to be able to leave the bracket on but it’s not necessary so I might remake it so the poles sit in the slots a bit further adding a bit more stability when wheeling the vac around . I can now unload the vac from the van, insert the poles into each slot and wheel the vac to where I want to work from - each pole is easily accessible so I can add sections without the risk of losing control if I need to bend over to pick up the next section. It ‘should’ also prevent me from treading on them as I used to just place them on the ground or straight back in the bag. I primarily use the carbon neck so I have attached some protection tape to it so I can rest it on the wall as I’m extending. May be of use to someone else........

548A0B6E-2EF3-4ED2-ADF0-F4EE273F6B5E.jpeg

02ABB631-7F0E-4F60-831F-82E45453F818.jpeg

37350722-4AAC-4383-A004-E6B4E545438D.jpeg

0BC65207-7832-4DF8-8A26-6FDB836A328A.jpeg

As a single operator I often struggle with the poles on my sky vac, I often find it difficult to have them on hand and add them without bending down and nearly dropping the already extended sections. Had a bit of a play this morning with some left over fascia cover board I had. Used some 3/4” clips and a couple of bits of thin sheet metal to make a 90 degree bracket that clips on to the front ‘tipper’ rail. The idea was to be able to leave the bracket on but it’s not necessary so I might remake it so the poles sit in the slots a bit further adding a bit more stability when wheeling the vac around . I can now unload the vac from the van, insert the poles into each slot and wheel the vac to where I want to work from - each pole is easily accessible so I can add sections without the risk of losing control if I need to bend over to pick up the next section. It ‘should’ also prevent me from treading on them as I used to just place them on the ground or straight back in the bag. I primarily use the carbon neck so I have attached some protection tape to it so I can rest it on the wall as I’m extending. May be of use to someone else........

View attachment 23494

View attachment 23495

View attachment 23496

View attachment 23497
Funny you have posted this I have been thinking about doing the same thing just not had the time we were out gutter vaccing all day yesterday we work as a two man team but it would still be an advantage to put the poles in something like you have made up . Great idear ?

Funny you have posted this I have been thinking about doing the same thing just not had the time we were out gutter vaccing all day yesterday we work as a two man team but it would still be an advantage to put the poles in something like you have made up . Great idear ?
Took me a year to get round to it, loads of other bits to tinker with!!! Get your bits of Fascia board out @pjj !!! I’ve seen you have a stash for scraper blades!!!! ?

Took me a year to get round to it, loads of other bits to tinker with!!! Get your bits of Fascia board out @pjj !!! I’ve seen you have a stash for scraper blades!!!! ?
I have had the new vac now for 15 months and just haven’t had the time to do anything , but your post has inspired me to come up with something ??? watch this space ??

View attachment 23494

View attachment 23495

View attachment 23496

View attachment 23497
Quality idea, very clever.

Back