Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hozelock, Rectus21; High Pressure, Microbore; and compatibility of various makes and models

DannyBe

Hi everyone. 

I consider buying the Water Genie backpack along with the Gardiner SLX pole. I like the Water Genie backpack more than the Gardiner V3 one because the former looks more ergonomic and has wheels. 

But it leads me, as a complete wfp newbie, to a more general concern. When I am buying a new wf piece of equipment, how can I tell in advance if it will match with another piece of equipment I either already have or want to buy at the same time?

Browsing the internet, I have noticed the existence of various pole connection types (Hozelock, Rectus 21) as well as the existence of various types of pole hose fittings (Hozelock, High Pressure, Microbore). But I don't know if these types of pole connection and pole hose fittings are the only ones on the market and if those two typologies are somehow interlinked (for instance Hozelock --> Hozelock, Rectus 21 --> High Pressure, Rectus 21 --> Microbore?). Neither am I quite sure, whether Hozelock and Rectus 21 (and Hozelock, High Pressure, Microbore) come in various sizes or other subtypes or subcategories.

If I am buying a pump or backpack of one make/model and a pole of another make/model, and each piece of such equipment from a different shop, is there any way to make sure that those pieces are mutually compatible at all? And if so, whether I will need to buy some adaptor(s) to successfully interconnect them?

Sorry for asking such a trivial question and thank you for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Simplest is ask the seller which filling the items you buy can come with. 

i.e. Gardiners back packs can have different fittings on when you buy same as poles.

Ultimately it's down to an individual to chose what fittings they like. It's also about the size of the hoses i.e. minibore, microbore, garden etc and if you can buy connectors that fit the pipes/hoses.

A lot of people use rectus 21 but they are designed as air fittings so don't last that long as water connections and being dragged along floor but they are cheap and easy to change.

Hi everyone. 

I consider buying the Water Genie backpack along with the Gardiner SLX pole. I like the Water Genie backpack more than the Gardiner V3 one because the former looks more ergonomic and has wheels. 

But it leads me, as a complete wfp newbie, to a more general concern. When I am buying a new wf piece of equipment, how can I tell in advance if it will match with another piece of equipment I either already have or want to buy at the same time?

Browsing the internet, I have noticed the existence of various pole connection types (Hozelock, Rectus 21) as well as the existence of various types of pole hose fittings (Hozelock, High Pressure, Microbore). But I don't know if these types of pole connection and pole hose fittings are the only ones on the market and if those two typologies are somehow interlinked (for instance Hozelock --> Hozelock, Rectus 21 --> High Pressure, Rectus 21 --> Microbore?). Neither am I quite sure, whether Hozelock and Rectus 21 (and Hozelock, High Pressure, Microbore) come in various sizes or other subtypes or subcategories.

If I am buying a pump or backpack of one make/model and a pole of another make/model, and each piece of such equipment from a different shop, is there any way to make sure that those pieces are mutually compatible at all? And if so, whether I will need to buy some adaptor(s) to successfully interconnect them?

Sorry for asking such a trivial question and thank you for your help!
The Gardiner backpack we have must be 4 years old and get used most working days. I would recommend that and get a trolley to mount it on.

If you want a better setup then Purefreedom were the kings of thse. These trolleys use heavy duty components; they used to be the same pump and controller used on their van systems.

https://purefreedom.co.uk/pure-freedom-25-litre-nano-trolley-system-with-charger.html

https://purefreedom.co.uk/pure-freedom-25-litre-trolley-with-charger.html

You would need to buy your own 25 liter drums.

Obviously you will need a supply of water whether its purchased or filtered yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back