Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power up reels do they save much time ?

Do power up reels save much time as I’m interested in one ?
Have a look at Squeeky Clean Dave and AE Mackintosh on youtube. Dave has 3 different diy reels (latest one is a beast even on 12v) and AE did speed test on his one. 

It will give you an idea of the reel in speeds then you can see how long it takes you on your current reel to reel in 100m of hose as a comparison.

It's not only time saves it's also muscle saving and less trying, so maybe you could do a couple of extra jobs a day?

I think the time saving element is minimal but yes, it reduces the extra (and unnecessary) burden on the body!

its defo easier using an electric reel...i doubt you ll save much time though...id get a pure freedom reelmaster  and not a power up reel if i were you...they are far better quality than the plastic reels.....

I try and make this job as efficient as possible then you will make an optimum target each day. Some silly things can cost you a lot of time like a jet blocking up. I lost about 20mins changing some brush heads and having to swap over the correct jets today. I now only use the red ones now which I think are the best all rounders. ?

Could someone post the Dimensions of the reelmaster please as PF don’t have the measurements on their webpage which I think Is a bit odd.

mainly the width and depth.

Won't save you a lot of time but I bought the PF Reelmaster over a year ago and I can honestly say that it's one of the best pieces of kit that I've bought for the business. I had a bad shoulder after years of reeling in manually and that problem disappeared once using the electric reel. It uses hardly any power too. 

Highly recommend ?

I've got the twin stack so height will be different but the floor plan should be the same. Van's full of gutter vac etc but roughly they appear to be 22" square and roughly the same height wise

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Posts

Back