Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Oil on brush head

JBC

I cleaned a commercial property last week and as I cleaned the side door I got some kind of oil from the hinges on my brush head. 

Any ideas on how to clean it off? I have soaked it but hasn't budged. 

Thanks in advance. ??

It sounds like grease and you don't want to clean windows with it or you will streak all the glass, been there. You could try neat degreaser with a cloth and painstakingly go through the brush. If old toss it and use a new one, you will quickly find that it pays to have plenty of brushes close at hand.

A bit of washing up liquid in a bowl of warm water and run your fingers through the bristles , or Virosol or similar in warm water let it soak if needs be , hopefully will remove it . 

Thanks chaps, will give the degreaser/TFR soak a go ?

Fortunately its one of my many brush heads, altho it is a dupont supreme and one of my favs. ?

I have a new super lite dupont I havent tried yet tho so at least tomorrow is sorted ??

Thanks chaps, will give the degreaser/TFR soak a go ?

Fortunately its one of my many brush heads, altho it is a dupont supreme and one of my favs. ?

I have a new super lite dupont I havent tried yet tho so at least tomorrow is sorted ??
This happened to me once, with anti vandal grease. However, i cleaned a whole commercial property before i realised ? To clean my brush i soaked it for three days, changing the water everyday, in a bucket using Citrosol (citrus degreaser) diluted in water. A good strong solution though.  Worked a treat. Although i used it on my kitchen first to test. ??

A good solution of degrease and soak in warm water the a good rinse should work..my take a couple time to get clean. 

At least you got some fall back brushes ?

A good solution of degrease and soak in warm water the a good rinse should work..my take a couple time to get clean. 

At least you got some fall back brushes ?
Popped it in a bucket of degreaser this morning, will see how it looks tonight ?

Enjoying the dupont superlite, very fast brush ??

Back