Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gearing-up for soft/wash work.

Arthur Connal

Would appreciate any advise regarding a spray appliance. Hoping to be doing some soft/wash to Bier-gardens. was thinking on the, Gloria type sprayer but would like some info on best model also any recommended hygiene sanitisers compatible with said spraying surface. Gratefully applicated in advance, ( I am only doing on a part/time basis. ) AC.

Probably the best  thing would be a Gardiner’s backpack and a ego with a spray nozzle in the end , pumping up a sprayer is a pain when trying to spray a reasonable area 

I use a 12lpm Warrior water fed trolley with a DA components SW nozzle through a Gardiner CLX pole. I can do 2x 3 bed semis on one charge. 
That’s interesting I have 2 warlord 12 ltr trolleys and find battery life is useless struggle to get one to last more than 4 hours , I did phone the guy up about it he told me to bench charge the batteries  with a smart charger which I did but it hasn’t made any difference. Also the battery’s have been glued into the box using sikka flex so cannot get them out without destroying the plywood inner that everything is attached to , very dissatisfied with the whole thing to be honest very poorly put together , but will continue using them until they are worn out and will then get a better made trolley , I di think trolleys are the way ahead fir softwashing houses though , I have a 600 ltr custom made softwashing tank but would need a trailer or a dedicated van for softwashing and don’t want to go down that route , 

That’s interesting I have 2 warlord 12 ltr trolleys and find battery life is useless struggle to get one to last more than 4 hours , I did phone the guy up about it he told me to bench charge the batteries  with a smart charger which I did but it hasn’t made any difference. Also the battery’s have been glued into the box using sikka flex so cannot get them out without destroying the plywood inner that everything is attached to , very dissatisfied with the whole thing to be honest very poorly put together , but will continue using them until they are worn out and will then get a better made trolley , I di think trolleys are the way ahead fir softwashing houses though , I have a 600 ltr custom made softwashing tank but would need a trailer or a dedicated van for softwashing and don’t want to go down that route , 
Yes my battery seems fine mate. It can be very temperamental charging sometimes (and I do have to check it periodically to make sure it is charging) but overall it’s really helped me and filled the void of using larger setups. Completely agree about trolleys, I had a small bowser trailer for awhile but proved a little too much for residential premises. 

I would be interested in hearing about a decent equivalent to ‘upgrade’ too as I doubt many last long. 

Yes my battery seems fine mate. It can be very temperamental charging sometimes (and I do have to check it periodically to make sure it is charging) but overall it’s really helped me and filled the void of using larger setups. Completely agree about trolleys, I had a small bowser trailer for awhile but proved a little too much for residential premises. 

I would be interested in hearing about a decent equivalent to ‘upgrade’ too as I doubt many last long. 
Ime actively looking at other options was wondering about the pure freedom nano trolly and changing the pump for a chemical one with Viton seals ?. I will phone them and ask a few questions when I have the time ???

Are they becoming your go to supplier ?
Lol time will tell , Tommy up there is very good and has restored my faith in pure freedom a bit but will reserve judgment until the new reels arrive , if they both work unlike last time then maybe they will get more  of our business ??? Ime always on the  look out for quality products and good customer service ???

I have a mossy new built to tackle. Going to try a test patch with Q-clear and and hypo right beside each other to see what comes up the best. Will take a few photos and post up when I get round to it.

Get a purefreedom trolley if u want something  to last u

or get a backpack if u want to buy cheap but they wont last long

Get a purefreedom trolley if u want something  to last u

or get a backpack if u want to buy cheap but they wont last long
We always get at least 3 years out of a Gardiner back pack using hypo and other chemicals in them , I know they arnt supposed to be used for stuff like that but at £115 one job more than pays for it and they are very good value for money we have had loads over them over the  years I would thoroughly recommend them as a cheap reliable sprayer especially for new starters , they are far more reliable than the warrior trolleys !!!!!!! 

Back