Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Orange Staining removing tips

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jamespf1

Hi all,

anyone know how to get this off? I’m assuming it’s staining from the decking?

have tried using Ubix and a stronger mix of Ubix but no luck.

many thanks 

3604DD30-45E1-44DB-8ED8-80E61828E196.jpeg

AF46CB3D-D719-4F8A-A820-A32EAA365D8F.jpeg

Stain is almost in impossible to remove without damaging the surface of the frame.

I normally just inform the customer of the situation. Most understand and reach out to the company or person that did the staining job.

Hope this helps

Hi all,

anyone know how to get this off? I’m assuming it’s staining from the decking?

have tried using Ubix and a stronger mix of Ubix but no luck.

many thanks 

View attachment 23523

View attachment 23524
We all come across this from time to time. Your job is to clean the windows, not do a UPVC restore. We often get paint splatter on the window frames and cills from the customer/neighbour painting a nearby wooden boundary fence. We don't touch those marks either although I will get the scraper out the remove any blobs from the glass.

Its the same from painting wooden decking. We have many examples of this on our round which have been there for years.

We also have a customer who sticks notices on his front composite door with packing tape. We put the brush over the door but don't touch the packing tape glue residue.

i have had success with the pink stuff
So have we, but these are not our 'monkeys.'  Unless we have been specifically asked to remove the paint/varnish and we charge extra for it then don't touch it. What happens if you do someone a favour and attempt to clean the varnish off and you damage the UPVC in the process?

When you quote for a new job we always thoroughly inspect the property before starting any work. If we see this then we just tell the home owner that this is out of our area of expertize. 

Have the customer fill out a damage waiver to not hold you responsible for any damage you might cause removing the paint if you insist on wanting to do it.

If you are short of customers rather spend that time you would take to canvass a few neighbours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back