Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

panther gutter vac


babs2020

Recommended Posts

hi guys brought myself one these gutter vacs  i have    been getting  up doing gutters by hand  for the  past 11  years  so will only be used  very rare  waiting for  it to come i  was just wondering what sort extension lead i need   and what sort size would be best  thanks 

Link to post

The panther is only 1400 watts unless it's very new at 1700watts. Either way a decent 13Amp rated (3000watts) extension cable will be perfect. Buy a decent brand of extension cable and the thickest conductors you can the bigger the better if you look at square mm conductor size.

NEVER use it coiled up though as it will overheat and can cause a fire!

Good luck and let us know how you get on with it.

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m still deciding wether to get a panther or predator. Does anyone have any direct comparison between the 2 ? Would hate to say I wish I had of gotten the predator 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, CHWS said:

I’m still deciding wether to get a panther or predator. Does anyone have any direct comparison between the 2 ? Would hate to say I wish I had of gotten the predator 

 

Link to post

From my  experience with several vacs , not GVS ones though I would say if you have plenty of power you don’t have to use it but if you haven’t got it in the first place you cannot use it if you need it , bit like cars the more cc the more power , you can never have to much power 😂😂😬

Link to post
42 minutes ago, Pjj said:

From my  experience with several vacs , not GVS ones though I would say if you have plenty of power you don’t have to use it but if you haven’t got it in the first place you cannot use it if you need it , bit like cars the more cc the more power , you can never have to much power 😂😂😬

I get what you mean, I would hate to be standing with the panther saying why did I not just get the predator 😂

there is so many pros and cons with both. Most videos I see aswell they are all sped up so it’s hard to evaluate how quick they are 

Link to post
32 minutes ago, CHWS said:

I get what you mean, I would hate to be standing with the panther saying why did I not just get the predator 😂

there is so many pros and cons with both. Most videos I see aswell they are all sped up so it’s hard to evaluate how quick they are 

Speed with vaccing a gutter is dependant on a number it things , how much dirt is in the gutter , what’s in the gutter, is is wet or dry , the operators experience , type of gutter, gap between the tiles and gutter size of gutter and many other variables , it’s not just about vac power but that does help , sometimes a gutter with grass 6-12 inches high in it is quicker to clear than one with moss in it as you can lift out turfs 2-3 feet long and they come out clean , experience also helps with how to tackle different jobs . 

Link to post

i used it on  my last 5 soffit  and find it fits  in van great and as done everything i have asked of  it just takes a bit getting used to some time think i am faster on ladder but then i a m on the ladder  

Link to post

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept